Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2023, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue and green are the same thing at this point. No reason to keep green once new server starts. Plus the staff aren’t paying for that server to stay open for no reason lol
Server-wise yes. Socially, not even close. I have high-level toons on blue I won't ever play again because of social toxicity. Conversely, Green is wonderful...and I've enjoyed every minute on the server since returning from my long hiatus. I'm not saying there isn't drama, but overall the server is 100x better than blue as far as social environment goes.

Red is a lost cause, lol. RIP 60 epic cleric I haven't played in years. :/

And if we all hit that "donate" button it eases the pain of running the servers. Just sayin~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server-wise yes. Socially, not even close. I have high-level toons on blue I won't ever play again because of social toxicity. Conversely, Green is wonderful...and I've enjoyed every minute on the server since returning from my long hiatus. I'm not saying there isn't drama, but overall the server is 100x better than blue as far as social environment goes.

And if we all hit that "donate" button it eases the pain of running the servers. Just sayin~
lol at saying the toxicity at the end game of each server isn’t the same
Old 01-08-2023, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Teal had no toxicity. It was the only pure server. 10 out of 10 doctors, lawyers, and scientists agree. Studies were done.

And more importantly than all of that, Castle2.0 has spoken.

Let it be written.
Old 01-08-2023, 01:39 AM
Skeleton

Why not just do:

1 - Blue/Green Merge Like intended. Congratulations we have a "Season" Setup. Every 3 years your characters get merged to Blue and that is the master server or a new Teal server that is the perma merge server?

2 - Restart Green March OR Create Server now and state the First patch will be delayed until original time of release(April 6). This will allow patches to keep up with real time line AND not make some people feel they are just leveling characters on a server being merged.

In all actually I wish they were allowed to do some "custom" edits to the game. New Quests/New made up bosses. So there is some challenge and when your character gets merged you still have something else to look for. (Nothing extreme, holiday events and such but only ever allowed on blue)
Old 01-08-2023, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol at saying the toxicity at the end game of each server isn’t the same
Don't think I said that. But from what I see in my guild chat there doesn't seem to be near the drama there was on blue. I do know there are a lot fewer asshats on the way up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure that's actually true. I've gotten the impression that the human element is P99's bottleneck: if we don't get a new server I'm not sure it will be because of a lack of funds, but may instead be because of a lack of volunteer staff.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

If we donate like 50k we can hire a GM for a year [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-08-2023, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

There's nothing quite like a fresh EQ server launch. Classic WOW was a lot of fun for awhile, but the zones are totally empty these days unfortunately.
Old 01-08-2023, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic is best!
Hands down. Fresh-server Classic while nobody is twinked yet really demonstrates just how incredible EQ's game design actually is. The classes compliment each other perfectly, and group teamwork is required even in simple zones like Crushbone and Upper Guk. Considering EQ was basically the first cooperative, PVE-focused MMO, it really is astounding just how good the game is.

There's nothing quite like it, even to this day (though Vanguard came close, broken as it was. that game had LOADS of dungeons, starting as early as levels 8-10, that required pullers & CC & aggro management etc)
Last edited by HalflingWarrior; 01-08-2023 at 12:08 PM..
Old 01-08-2023, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...ly_acceptable/

Yeah, real amazing community by the looks of this, be a real shame to be forced to deal with blue players instead.