Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-12-2023, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Default How To Turn In Bone Chips To Trooper Mozo For Non Iksar?

Ive gotten the faction for the regular guards to apprehensive, so I could turn in bone chips, but the wandering crusaders still see me and attack.

I remember being able to do this on live by being invisible, but that apparently doesnt work in P1999 for whatever reason. So now it seems that its no longer possible for non iksar to do this. If there is a way, how? Otherwise it seems al my efforts are pointless.

I recall seeing someone else turning in bone chips before without getting attacked, but I havent been able to. What am I missing?

Are there iksar illusion potions maybe? Or some item?
Last edited by Drueric; 01-12-2023 at 10:45 PM..
Old 01-13-2023, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

No potions exist. Kill goblins until your factioned for bone chip quest(still kos to crusaders). Then hand in a couple thousand bone chips until necro and then crusader isn't kos.
Old 01-13-2023, 03:00 AM
Kobold

The lesson here is Patience. Those kos Crusaders go on patrol and are away from the city entrance (and Trooper Mozo) for long enough that you can turn in a few hundred bone chips before they path back.

Now, I don't know what the hell Infectious is talking about. (Or, actually I do, but I don't think he does.) Crusader Bodli really is a Crusader (shadowknight) but Crusader Quarg is actually a shaman... or at least on the shaman guild faction. And as far as turning in bone chips raising necro faction.... just no. The bone chip quest raises all the Cabilis factions OTHER than necro. For Brood of Kotiz faction, you need to kill iksar bandit types.

For one last bit of possibly relevant info... with a name like Drueric... are you perhaps a druid? If so, you could also throw a Harmony at the Crusaders and if you're a halfling you could even sneak while handing in the bone chips, so you don't have to run back an forth quite as much.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:04 AM
Kobold

I already knew pretty much all of that. So basically, the trick is to wait til the crusaders leave, turn in a few bone chips, then run away til they leave again.

I have seen others turn in bone chips in massive amounts very quickly, but I dont know how they do that. I just click and drag one bone chip at a time like normal. I mean, p1999 removed the ability to turn in chips while invis, so I must assume its because they expect people to use this other turn in trick to get alot of chips turned in super fast.

Anyone know how thats done?
Old 01-13-2023, 07:34 AM
Kobold

I believe you are either thinking of another game or you are hallucinating when you remember being able to turn in quest items to an npc while invis. And just because you watch other people turning in massive numbers of bone chips doesn't mean that they haven't already put in the time and effort to raise their faction above kos.

I repeat, the key is patience. If that is a problem for you, I'm afraid that nothing else any of us has to say is going to help.
Old 01-13-2023, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive gotten the faction for the regular guards to apprehensive, so I could turn in bone chips, but the wandering crusaders still see me and attack.

I remember being able to do this on live by being invisible, but that apparently doesnt work in P1999 for whatever reason. So now it seems that its no longer possible for non iksar to do this. If there is a way, how? Otherwise it seems al my efforts are pointless.

I recall seeing someone else turning in bone chips before without getting attacked, but I havent been able to. What am I missing?

Are there iksar illusion potions maybe? Or some item?
GMs will sometimes punctuate their corpse summon/recovery days with a bit of travelling entertainment. The most popular prank or trick for GMs to perform is an illusion. I remember experiencing these on red and blue.

If you identify a GM is having a bit of fun time and are able to write a friendly, charismatic narrative message / request politely requesting an illusion if you’re really lucky they may grant it.

Obviously don’t abuse this or be a pest.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-13-2023, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already knew pretty much all of that. So basically, the trick is to wait til the crusaders leave, turn in a few bone chips, then run away til they leave again.

I have seen others turn in bone chips in massive amounts very quickly, but I dont know how they do that. I just click and drag one bone chip at a time like normal. I mean, p1999 removed the ability to turn in chips while invis, so I must assume its because they expect people to use this other turn in trick to get alot of chips turned in super fast.

Anyone know how thats done?
Overlap your bag containing the stacked item over the NPC.

Have ‘use centre screen’ bound to control+u.

Control+click on the stack to pick up one item then control+u to trade window it.

On full window smash the give button and keep doing four more until done.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-13-2023, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

There's 1 patrolling trooper that comes close enough to agro you if you're standing in the firepot at max trade distance. You simply walk around the corner when he's pathing near.
I don't think you have to stay away - it's only his pathing towards cab where he sees you. I think he leaves you alone when he paths out. It's been years since I did this on Mcoy though.

-Mcoy
Old 01-13-2023, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

As I think about it more he may have agro'd while leaving while at scowls but not at glares? Again, it's been a while. Yes, it takes a stupid amount of bone chips. If you want the thread where I described my (stupid) process:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=270954

-Mcoy
Old 01-13-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The lesson here is Patience. Those kos Crusaders go on patrol and are away from the city entrance (and Trooper Mozo) for long enough that you can turn in a few hundred bone chips before they path back.

Now, I don't know what the hell Infectious is talking about. (Or, actually I do, but I don't think he does.) Crusader Bodli really is a Crusader (shadowknight) but Crusader Quarg is actually a shaman... or at least on the shaman guild faction. And as far as turning in bone chips raising necro faction.... just no. The bone chip quest raises all the Cabilis factions OTHER than necro. For Brood of Kotiz faction, you need to kill iksar bandit types.

For one last bit of possibly relevant info... with a name like Drueric... are you perhaps a druid? If so, you could also throw a Harmony at the Crusaders and if you're a halfling you could even sneak while handing in the bone chips, so you don't have to run back an forth quite as much.
Bone chips quest does raise necro, it just takes the longest (6-8000). You can use Google and figure this out.

So once again before this clown decided to comment. Kill goblins until Trooper faction. Then bone chip your ass off until you max the rest
Last edited by Infectious; 01-13-2023 at 11:33 AM..