Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-08-2023, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah shifting goalposts again I see.

Now you are claiming Shamans like to solo in addition to grouping/raiding. Before you were saying shamans spend most of their time soloing instead of mostly grouping/raiding. Which one is it?
I didn't shift the goalposts, you misread what I said. Where did I say "they mostly solo" in this quote?

Quote:
Most Shamans like to solo with their Shamans, because Shamans have great solo capability. It is the rare case that Shamans mostly group/raid.
What I am saying here is the majority of shamans aren't spending the majority of their time grouping/raiding. They are also spending a good amount of time soloing. They aren't like Rogues, where they basically must group/raid. That isn't me saying "mostly soloing". But I know it is easier just to claim "moving goalposts" than to actually make a valid point. You need to stop trying to "gotcha" people, and try to win with facts and logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because shamans can solo, doesn't mean it is what they do the majority of the time. The mere fact that you admit they do other things means we have no idea what they spend the most time doing, but yet you argue in favor of FSI which is 99% a solo benefit when it comes to shamans.

This is a really bad analogy. Rogues being a dps class has nothing to do with soloing. Shamans are a support class, and that is where they shine the most. Doesn't mean they can't do other things, but you're arguing in favor of a solo shaman, but this isn't where you see their most potential. This is expected, because they were designed as a support class. Similarily, while rogues can solo, a class solely designed as a dps class will not shine the most soloing.
No, it is not a bad analogy. You are trying to claim "support classes" aren't designed to solo, which is nonsensical. There is nothing intrinsic about a "support class" that means they can't solo. Again, Enchanters are also "support classes".

If anything "dps classes" should be better at soloing, since they are designed to deal damage. But there are... exceptions to the rule[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Same with Shamans, they are a support class, but they are also the second strongest solo class in the game.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-08-2023 at 12:19 PM..
Old 02-08-2023, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't shift the goalposts, you misread what I said. Where did I say "they mostly solo" in this quote?

What I am saying here is the majority of shamans aren't spending the majority of their time grouping/raiding. They are also spending a good amount of time soloing. They aren't like Rogues, where they basically must group/raid. That isn't me saying "mostly soloing". But I know it is easier just to claim "moving goalposts" than to actually make a valid point. You need to stop trying to "gotcha" people, and try to win with facts and logic.

No, it is not a bad analogy. You are trying to claim "support classes" aren't designed to solo, which is nonsensical. There is nothing intrinsic about a "support class" that means they can't solo. Again, Enchanters are also "support classes".

If anything "dps classes" should be better at soloing, since they are designed to deal damage. But there are... exceptions to the rule[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Same with Shamans, they are a support class, but they are also the second strongest solo class in the game.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

jesus fucking christ. here we go again
Old 02-08-2023, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jesus fucking christ. here we go again
I know. It's weird that people think Enchanters/Shamans aren't played by people who like to solo with them.

And Ripqozko is still just randomly counting.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’m not trying to win anything. I’m stating a fact, FSI is mostly a solo benefit for shamans. Shaman gameplay isn’t limited to solo. So it’s not a great racial for overall shaman gameplay.

You are the only person who will try to win at all costs to the degree of equating shaman dps to mage dps in a 400 page thread so at this point im not sure what you have proved to this community other than you have an obsession with attempting to win a thread.

If you spent more time presenting data instead of presenting your biased ogre shaman arguments you would be spending your time more wisely.

Quote:

I never said a "support class" was incapable of soloing. What I said was this is not how they were designed, so they shine better in other areas, and being a MMO, where you can benefit the group is greater than the benefit solo. So FSI can be useful for solo stuff, but definitely does not make it the min max shaman racial.
Last edited by Crede; 02-08-2023 at 12:34 PM..
Old 02-08-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

yall are berging out over shaman race in the tank subforum

seek help
Old 02-08-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I know. It's weird that people think Enchanters/Shamans aren't played by people who like to solo with them.

And Ripqozko is still just randomly counting.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Split the thread.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-08-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I’m not trying to win anything. I’m stating a fact, FSI is mostly a solo benefit for shamans. Shaman gameplay isn’t limited to solo. So it’s not a great racial for overall shaman gameplay.

You are the only person who will try to win at all costs to the degree of equating shaman dps to mage dps in a 400 page thread so at this point im not sure what you have proved to this community other than you have an obsession with attempting to win a thread.

If you spent more time presenting data instead of presenting your biased ogre shaman arguments you would be spending your time more wisely.
I agree FSI is mostly a solo benefit. The problem is you think racials actually matter much outside of soloing. There is no racial that is extremely effective in group/raid situations. Both FSI and Regeneration are best suited for soloing. In group/raid situations they are very situational for when they will actually help you.

I presented data. I have an entire guide in my signature with hours of videos and math[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I posted data from 7000 kills over years of playing the game. The problem is people like yourself post 0 data, and then ask me to post ALL of the data for both my argument and your own. This is just a poor excuse for the fact that you can't actually provide anything to support your points.

I am not trying to win anything either. I just have to keep posting the data and evidence, because people for some reason have magical ideas about FSI and regeneration, while they don't actually have data.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I agree FSI is mostly a solo benefit. The problem is you think racials actually matter much outside of soloing. There is no racial that is extremely effective in group/raid situations. Both FSI and Regeneration are best suited for soloing. In group/raid situations they are very situational for when they will actually help you.

I presented data. I have an entire guide in my signature with hours of videos and math[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I posted data from 7000 kills over years of playing the game. The problem is people like yourself post 0 data, and then ask me to post ALL of the data for both my argument and your own. This is just a poor excuse for the fact that you can't actually provide anything to support your points.

I am not trying to win anything either. I just have to keep posting the data and evidence, because people for some reason have magical ideas about FSI and regeneration, while they don't actually have data.