Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-07-2023, 02:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default IP block

I got an IP block on Green. I have no idea what i've done (no, i was not boxing). I did not get an email from p99. I dont see any way to contact an admin directly. Any ideas on how i can get to the bottom of this/fix this? - TIA

edit: I suppose I dont know for sure that it's an IP block. It gives "the Error 1018" (you have an active character on that server) but if i try on a new account it says my IP is blocked (so i guess this could just be because it thinks i have an active character still). I logged off roughly 12hrs ago and i know its been giving the 1018 error for at least 4 hours.
Last edited by CynusTak; 03-07-2023 at 03:05 PM..
Old 03-07-2023, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynusTak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got an IP block on Green. I have no idea what i've done (no, i was not boxing). I did not get an email from p99. I dont see any way to contact an admin directly. Any ideas on how i can get to the bottom of this/fix this? - TIA

edit: I suppose I dont know for sure that it's an IP block. It gives "the Error 1018" (you have an active character on that server) but if i try on a new account it says my IP is blocked (so i guess this could just be because it thinks i have an active character still). I logged off roughly 12hrs ago and i know its been giving the 1018 error for at least 4 hours.
Did you check if there's an active p99 running in task manager? Had this recently where I crashed but my toon didn't leave the game
The game was still running, sort of.
Old 03-07-2023, 06:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you check if there's an active p99 running in task manager? Had this recently where I crashed but my toon didn't leave the game
The game was still running, sort of.
Thanks for the reply but I didnt get a chance to test it. I went to test it but it was already working (8hrs after first noticed problem). Perhaps the game instance was fully shut down by then. Or there was a different problem.
Old 03-07-2023, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Some other potential issue could be the use of VPN as a service. If another P99er uses the same one and is currently assigned same endpoint you are, then you would share an IP address, even though neither of you are aware of the other. I use a VPN and have always wondered if that would ever happen to me.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Old 03-08-2023, 01:35 AM
Skeleton

The IP block part is from switch accounts too fast. Happens to everyone that has multiple accounts. I know nothing about the 1018 error [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2023, 09:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeSeeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The IP block part is from switch accounts too fast. Happens to everyone that has multiple accounts. I know nothing about the 1018 error [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. I get the 1018 error frequently. I think its related to my game client crashing on the previous closing (very frequent for me, perhaps 50% of the time). From what PatChapp said perhaps this crashing causes the game to not fully close and I need to go into the task manager and force end task. I will have to try this next time.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Just do a fresh install.