Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-22-2023, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Question Basic video editing

Tech stuff makes me angry because I don't understand it immediately and I'm just such a shit person generally.

I have 2 .mkv files that I would like to turn into one single video file. Then, I would somehow like to record over that video (with reduced volume but maintaining original audio) with another audio recording like as I watch the video over.

They're pvp fights I was in, and I want to do like commentary about what happened, what I did wrong, etc. What software should I use for this? Just knowing what software to use would help me a lot, because then I could watch youtube videos about how to use the software.

Thanks! Hoping this isn't a super annoying request.
Old 03-24-2023, 03:20 PM
Large Bat

Adobe Creative Suite, specifically the Premier Pro program with in it, are the industry standards for video editing. However, any video editing software will likely get you what you need. Premier Pro lets you edit the clips together on the timeline, and has a voiceover recording function to let you record your voice.

Other programs can do this as well, but Adobe is so widely used that it's the easiest to find tutorials for. You could get away with other items like iMovie or other simpler software as well. You can do some limited editing with purely online tools but if you really wanna get into video editing and having a YouTube channel or something, you wanna invest in the tools.
Old 03-24-2023, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Davinci Resolve.

It's very similar to adobe premier, but they also offer a free version of it. Doesn't have all the super fancy studio features in the free version, but i've been using it for years. Can do any basic editing, color corrections, stabilization, etc in the free version. And there's a youtube tutorial out there for pretty much anything you can think of doing in it.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

I hear this is a good free one:

https://kdenlive.org/en/download/

-Mcoy