Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2023, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

America was founded on Christian ideals. A melting pot isn’t the same as a bowl of legos and thumb tacks.

The culture has been errored by folks who coke here or have been here and don’t respect the rules and ideals. The system only works when you have buy in.

Origen and Botten could never buy into a system because they have major ego issues. They believe they know best, they believe they are the smartest person in the room with all the right answers.

They cannot accept a single social media platform bucking the ideas they champion. To them, that is hateful. They should not be engaged by anyone who has ideals, believes in anything outside of their skin. They are frauds and husks.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
America was founded on Christian ideals.
Ha ha ha the United States was founded by individuals with a range of religious beliefs and principles, and its founding documents, such as the Constitution, do not establish any specific religion as the state religion. While some of the Founding Fathers were Christian, they also valued religious freedom and the separation of church and state. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution explicitly protects freedom of religion. So, while Christian ideals may have influenced some aspects of American history and culture, the nation's foundation is based on principles of religious freedom and pluralism.

Christianity has slowed the progression of society. It really should be shunned and not used as a crutch to get over an addiction.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't believe in Peace. You want Free Palestine and as such have yet to say what Hamas did on Oct 7 is wrong. It's clear you are full of shit and you aren't intelligent enough or wise enough to see the depraved anti-semitic extreme fringe ideology that you champion.
Twitter supposedly used to allow ISIS and other terrorist propaganda on there, along with a lot of Pedo stuff

No wonder Leftists liked the old version [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2023, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ha ha ha the United States was founded by individuals with a range of religious beliefs and principles, and its founding documents, such as the Constitution, do not establish any specific religion as the state religion. While some of the Founding Fathers were Christian, they also valued religious freedom and the separation of church and state. The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution explicitly protects freedom of religion. So, while Christian ideals may have influenced some aspects of American history and culture, the nation's foundation is based on principles of religious freedom and pluralism.

Christianity has slowed the progression of society. It really should be shunned and not used as a crutch to get over an addiction.
The founding fathers also didn't anticipate how religions would come about and evolve into what we have today. Scientology, Aryan Nations, Secular Humanism and other similar extremists are religions; some with very people in positions of power.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have a leftist friend who I like to watch his brain get tangled in knots over his support for Palestine

He’s a turbo atheist who dislikes Christianity but like a lot of leftists, borderline shills for Hamas, or at least tries to mansplain why they do what they do. When I challenge him on “boy it sure seems like Hamas was doing a shitty job governing for the last 15ish years they had control of Gaza. And boy it sure seems like they are a lot more oppressive than Christianity when it comes to human rights”

His response was “No things suck there because of the trade embargo by Israel”, and “sometimes a culture doesn’t mind being religiously oppressed”

I could let the first statement slide because I really don’t follow Gaza’s economics. But the second?

Lol I agree with it, it is possible to brainwash a culture into accepting religious oppression. And I wonder how many generations it would take for that to happen here if Christianity or some other major religion was allowed to get a hold of government. Probably not as many generations as one would think

So religious oppression is ok, as long as the people don’t realize what they are missing out on. That seems to be his position on it
Old 11-02-2023, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twitter supposedly used to allow ISIS and other terrorist propaganda on there, along with a lot of Pedo stuff

No wonder Leftists liked the old version [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am pretty sure the old version of the blue bird forum is still similar or worse after Elon took over.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol I agree with it, it is possible to brainwash a culture into accepting religious oppression. And I wonder how many generations it would take for that to happen here if Christianity or some other major religion was allowed to get a hold of government. Probably not as many generations as one would think
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2023, 07:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that the way we're going now?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if Christianity got a hold of government in a big way, I doubt it would ever come close to the oppression of women you see in Hamas or especially the Taliban. I just watched a mini-doc on the complete shit-show Afghanistan has become in the short time the Taliban took over after our withdrawal. All their promises to let women get an education, or even let a woman be out in public without a man, they immediately re-neged on. It’s a bit of a hellscape there now, both in terms of human rights and the economy

I know atheists picture Christians turning the country into the Handmaiden’s tale, but I think a more safe bet would be abortion would be much harder. Trans stuff would be much harder (which for adults I personally would fight against). I don’t think there would be an anti-gay crusade. At the worst they might try to remove gay marriage. I don’t think they would ever get to a point where gays are imprisoned or killed like in most Muslim majority countries

So yea there’d be some “oppression” but I don’t think it can hold a candle on Islam. Maybe only because they’ve had such a large head start in their countries, in terms of years of consistent theocracy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2023, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Even if Christianity got a hold of government in a big way, I doubt it would ever come close to the oppression of women you see in Hamas or especially the Taliban. I just watched a mini-doc on the complete shit-show Afghanistan has become in the short time the Taliban took over after our withdrawal. All their promises to let women get an education, or even let a woman be out in public without a man, they immediately re-neged on. It’s a bit of a hellscape there now, both in terms of human rights and the economy

I know atheists picture Christians turning the country into the Handmaiden’s tale, but I think a more safe bet would be abortion would be much harder. Trans stuff would be much harder (which for adults I personally would fight against). I don’t think there would be an anti-gay crusade. At the worst they might try to remove gay marriage. I don’t think they would ever get to a point where gays are imprisoned or killed like in most Muslim majority countries

So yea there’d be some “oppression” but I don’t think it can hold a candle on Islam. Maybe only because they’ve had such a large head start in their countries, in terms of years of consistent theocracy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've moved in the complete opposite direction within our lifetimes and probably even before then.

Anyone claiming to warn about the impending theocracy is a baloney man playing tricks.

Agree on trans adults. If gays can get a Prince Albert, why not?
Old 11-02-2023, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just watched a mini-doc on the complete shit-show Afghanistan has become in the short time the Taliban took over after our withdrawal. All their promises to let women get an education, or even let a woman be out in public without a man, they immediately re-neged on. It’s a bit of a hellscape there now, both in terms of human rights and the economy
This is the vid. All I could think of was my leftist friend’s words “sometimes a culture is ok with it”…….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=