Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Large Bat

Question Ogre SK, follower of CT... Bandit Sashes?

Hello everyone!

So I rolled myself an ogre shadowknight and picked Cazic-Thule as my lord-and-savior. My question is this...

In trying to do turn-ins to Chesgard (sp?) in Qeynos - does the religion matter? I know he's on the Guards of Qeynos faction, as well as the Priests of Life, and one other I can't recall right now... but even in wolf form (which I had courtesy of my pocket druid hubby) - he was threatening. He counted to ten, then killed me with a double 380 attack. I didn't stand a chance. At least the merchant next to him was dubious...

I'm trying to figure out if I can continue to increase my faction to do the turn-in, or if the faction from killing bandits won't matter because of the religion. I've heard the religion barely affects anything in many cases, but is this one of them? I just don't want to spend a ton of time trying to get up to where I can do this turn in only to find out Chesy hates Cazic and he won't be changing his mind. I honestly have had zero luck finding anything about faction as it relates to religion (barring those saying go agnostic, which you can't on a SK).

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Old 10-04-2019, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madamegato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard the religion barely affects anything in many cases, but is this one of them?!
I always thought religion was the one thing that couldn't be overcome in some cases for faction....
Old 10-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always thought religion was the one thing that couldn't be overcome in some cases for faction....
There are some npcs who will be kos to certain religions. One of which is a guard in qeynos. This is classic.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing is technically wrong here but some wrong assumptions can be made. As of right now, on P99, there is no faction *THAT CAN BE RAISED* with any Class/Race/Religion combo that cannot be surmounted through faction work. Some are a bit close, and some can't go ally/kindly, but you can Unkos to anything you can raise.

As it happens, you take two major hits with Ches, because he is a Knight of Thunder. You lose big points for CZ and for being an SK, so you are seen as a Wolf SK CZ to him. I would have thought the drop for him would have only been dubious, but maybe you lost some knights of thunder somewhere and just need a little back. If you are threatening, it might not be too far away. At least try to get ~100 hits positive with it.

There's no mobs that raise Knights of Thunder, but there is an easy bone chip / money handin at qeynos gates, but it lowers bloodsabers, which you might want as an Ogre SK since you can train down with them. However if your handing in sashes, that also lowers bloodsabers, so maybe not? :P

Anyway id try to get maybe 100 hits of chip/cash to lashun novashine and see if that gets you dubious if you really wanted to.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:00 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing is technically wrong here but some wrong assumptions can be made. As of right now, on P99, there is no faction *THAT CAN BE RAISED* with any Class/Race/Religion combo that cannot be surmounted through faction work. Some are a bit close, and some can't go ally/kindly, but you can Unkos to anything you can raise.

As it happens, you take two major hits with Ches, because he is a Knight of Thunder. You lose big points for CZ and for being an SK, so you are seen as a Wolf SK CZ to him. I would have thought the drop for him would have only been dubious, but maybe you lost some knights of thunder somewhere and just need a little back. If you are threatening, it might not be too far away. At least try to get ~100 hits positive with it.

There's no mobs that raise Knights of Thunder, but there is an easy bone chip / money handin at qeynos gates, but it lowers bloodsabers, which you might want as an Ogre SK since you can train down with them. However if your handing in sashes, that also lowers bloodsabers, so maybe not? :P

Anyway id try to get maybe 100 hits of chip/cash to lashun novashine and see if that gets you dubious if you really wanted to.
Just what I was looking for. Thank you so much! And glad you brought up bloodsabers... that definitely has me rethinking this turn in and whether or not it's really worth it.

Thanks again!
Old 10-05-2019, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Code:
262 - Guards of Qeynos
	25	3	Paladin 
	10	4	Ranger 
	-200	5	ShadowKnight 
	10	6	Druid 
	10	7	Monk 
	-50	9	Rogue 
	-200	11	Necromancer 
	-75	52	Barbarian 
	-100	53	Erudite 
	-50	54	Wood Elf 
	-50	55	High Elf 
	-300	56	Dark Elf 
	-25	57	Half Elf 
	-75	58	Dwarf 
	-1000	59	Troll 
	-750	60	Ogre 
	-25	61	Halfling 
	-50	62	Gnome 
	-1000	178	Iksar 
	-75	180	Vah Shir 
	-200	201	Bertoxxulous 
	-300	203	Cazic-Thule 
	-100	205	Fizzlethorp 
	-200	206	Innoruuk 
	50	207	Karana 
	50	212	Rodcet Nife 
	50	214	Tribunal 
	-150	216	Veeshan
These are some faction mods for Guards of Qeynos that were taken form live. They not match p1999's modifiers. Looks like you are at -1250 for being ogre CT SK, but you can reduce that to just -500 mod for being a CT SK with wolf form.

IIRC on p1999 threatening starts at -700, so you should be dubious with wolf form... Going from your account, perhaps threatening starts at -500 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

If it is a quest you can save for later, you could use FD to get close to him, then toggle hide until it is successful (/target yourself while you have no see invis on, if that fails then hide worked), open trade window, /stand, complete trade.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[code]
IIRC on p1999 threatening starts at -700, so you should be dubious with wolf form... Going from your account, perhaps threatening starts at -500 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=488653&postcount=2

No, the data you provided is just wrong. I wish people would stop linking it.

Every example I have seen from that stupid pastebin is wrong for p99. If the first 4 random examples different people have cared about are wrong, the odds are relatively small that we were just unlucky, and more likely that the document is almost completely useless, other than providing useless (obvious) basic info like:

Good races/factions don't like evil races, evil religions, shadowknights, or necros
Evil races/factions don't like good races or good religions
Many groups tend to not trust rogues

What would be useful are the magnitudes associated with each, but this document does not provide them
Old 10-05-2019, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

"Should"

If you see a discrepancy between p1999 and that paste bin, try to research whether the pastebin values are non-classic or indeed were accurate for classic period and post a bug report.

Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 10-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Large Bat

I'm not sure what your goal is here but you may not want to lower Bloodsabers Faction since that is involved in the SK epic.

What I did on my DE SK of Inny was to kill bandits for faction and let my friend turn in the sashes and sell the bronze weapons for cash. Killing the bandits gets you Qeynos Guard, Highpass Guard, Circle of Unseen Hands (Rogue Guild) and Karana Residents faction. You can test the Karana Residents faction in the zone by conning the merchants since most are Karana Resident faction.

You can turn in Moonstones to McNeal Jocub in South Qeynos in the Fish’s Ale near the docks, in wolf form, once you build enough Karana Resident faction. I suggest buying them from merchants in Qeynos if possible instead of gnoll teeth quest which lower Corrupt Qeynos Guards. Moonstone Quest turn ins get you Karana Residents, Qeynos Guards, Priests of Life and Knights of Thunder.

Also you can do the Rohand's Brandy quest in wolf form and with care to get Merchants of Qeynos, Antonius Bayle, Coalition of Tradesfolk (Freeport Merchant), and Qeynos Guards. This will lower Circle of Unseen Hands (Qeynos Rogue) but that can be fixed by killing bandits. The casters in Qeynos are still KOS to me so I stayed to the rear, opposite side of the entrance to the building to turn in brandy. I read you can go up to second floor and look down on him too and turn in the brandy. This quest is easy, not expensive and helps with two city merchant faction.
Closed Thread