Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-22-2021, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Default Crashes (read)

I have been getting crashes lately and they are random but it always seems to happen when interacting with the UI in some fashion. Its done this in the past but it was so infrequent and didnt really bother me but it has now happened twice today and both times gotten me killed as it happened in the middle of a fight both times. First time it happened when I foraged some water mid fight and went to put it in a bag, when I opened my bags the game froze, when I got back in I was dead. The second time I disarmed a fine steel weapon off a guard I was fighting, when I picked it up my game froze. I also randomly crash when opening a trade window on very rare occasion, or deleting an item in the inventory window, etc.

Both freezes happened in the same spot fighting the same guard, not sure if that could matter but it was Guard Effel in WFP fighting right at the NFP zoneline both times. For now going to stop fighting on that spot as its pretty much certain death if I LD fighting there as the guard gets low and runs straight to the uber gate guards who come insta kill me I'm sure.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:08 PM
Kobold

Literally just happened again and all I did was open my inventory in a completely different zone. I have not changed anything about my UI in a long time, and this used to almost never happen. That's like the 4th time today. Luckily I was just FD, chilling this time. Seems to be happening more frequently.

And before anybody even mentions it, yes I'm already running winEQ with the resolution fixes all in already
Last edited by Robot; 08-22-2021 at 04:11 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 08:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Anything from anyone? I am seeing this behavior as well. I have all the standard settings. I am running the client in compatibility mode, I am running the client as admin. Still random crashes. Like the OP stated, the only thing that I can see as being a commonality is the UI. It happens when I try to switch weapons during combat or something along those lines. I know the simple answer is minimize that activity, but that is not an actual answer to why there is a problem.