Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Aviak

Default 50 Druid in Velious?

Hey all,

Haven't played in a few months but have been back on messing around. I don't really know anything about Velious so I thought I'd go check it out. I ran to the wakening lands to get the port spells. After that I can't really see much to do here. It seems if I was lvl 40 I could level somewhere on Velious maybe, and if I was 60 and in an intense guild I could pursue some cool quests.

Is there anything interesting to do on Velious as a 50 Druid in a casual, lower-level guild?
Old 08-17-2015, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

On my shaman I have found the low 50s to be frustrating. You're too high for most of the grouper areas. Though velks is targeted towards this level range in areas, the zone is full of level 60 neck beards farming pixels.

So far my experience on Velious as a 52 shaman has been 18+ hours of lfg, no real dp groups, and lots and lots of solo giant hunting.

On the plus side, I'm now warmly to Coldain ...
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

There are no animals in Velks, so charming is out. My guess is the large outdoor zones have some charming or quadding that you can do, but I don't have any real experience doing it myself.

For XP though, mobs in velious just have higher hp. There are some good random drops and spawns, and you can probably sell skins, pelts etc. for a pretty penny. However, I don't personally know of any outdoor drops that are going to compete for cash with seafuries, nor with permafrost bear pits for xp.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Cobalt Scar
Old 08-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cobalt Scar
Care to expand for the less sophisticated?
Old 08-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Kobold

I had fun for a few days in Cobalt Scar when velious first opened, but it got kind of old quickly. Lots of people passing through, and many of them ask you for ports out of there once they've got their teeth. Some of them even rooted mobs that I was quadding, thinking they were doing me a favor. Annoying having a quad being turned into a triple kite. The mobs are often stacked so tightly that they don't realize I'm not running for my life from one mob.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Personally I did some charming in Wakening Lands at 50. Grab a unicorn or panther, buff it up, go kite giants with flame lick, break charm when mob is low on health, fear animal, dot giant (preferably with es vamps but you'll be using so little mana that you could spare an actual dot), Recharm once giant is dead.

It wasn't amazing xp but it was a nice little switch up and I was able to work on my dragon faction some.

I did quad a bit in CS bit overall it's a bit too crowded for that right now. I imagine in the high 50s with CoV faction, Western Wastes is an option.

Otherwise, I say most of our sweet spots are in Kunark and Classic. Definitely worth working on your shawl though.
Last edited by LethClaypool; 08-21-2015 at 11:43 AM..
Old 08-21-2015, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

Repeat these 3 words in your head until you understand what they mean and then you'll find more xp and loot than you can count.

"Small Groups. Duo." Small Groups... Duo.... Small Groups... Duo....

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Closed Thread