Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Default 52 Druid - Will I get destroyed in bear pits?

I'm trudging my way through level 51 near Karnors Castle right now but will hit 52 of course by week's end. I looked at the level of the bears in Permafrost and am wondering if any druids with experience think I will struggle charming them bears in the pit at 52?

I for some reason remember seeing the recommendation being level 55-60 but the highest level bear is maybe 46 according to the beastiary.

Other than spirocs, any other good quadding locations you can recommend?
Old 11-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

You will not get destroyed, you'll just need to take it slow at that level. Like wise Kedge is always a great place as well if you are comfortable with charm killing
Old 11-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Spirocs are the best xp place to quad in game IMO (Easy mode, great xp and they have no faction hit), and can be used up to 53 (even 54 if you need a good AFK camp, but xp really slow down at that point).

Maybe you can try bouncers in Oggok if you want a change.

About your original question, I think bear pits are doable at level 52, but you will need to take it slowly as Juhstin says.

Gav
Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Thank you for the feedback. I did try Kedge and died unfortunately. Read a guide that for some reason said charming seahorses was all good - bad idea when they casted on me.

I will give bear pits a try and if it doesn't work out so be it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Kobold

Dont try Bear Pits without call of karana/glamour of tunare unless you want to die again and not be able to find a rez. :P
Old 11-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Wenuven, does Glamour of Tunare cause stuff to aggro? I'd assume it does. So how does one pop off a call of karana in time to not getting eaten alive by two bears? Does one root both and then charm? Sorry, practiaclly a level 51 noob here.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Glamour of Tunare does cause Aggro. I guess you will need to rooth both MoBs before doing it. Also keep in mind you can use Glamour of Tunare when the MoB is charmed, but don't really know if it does change that charm duration.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

You cannot Glamour an already charmed pet. Just like you can't Ensnare or root an already charmed pet.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Banned

i consider myself pretty good at eq.. I tried to do Kedge zone in with my enchanter at lvl like 53? and i got my ass handed to me.. I was rekt constantly.. I couldn't do it at ALL..

how you druids master Kedge keep will remain a mystery to me. That stuff seems impossible!
Old 11-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cannot Glamour an already charmed pet. Just like you can't Ensnare or root an already charmed pet.
Are you sure about that?

Maybe it is a bug, but it seems to let you cast glamour on a charmed pet (unlike snare, root, etc).
Closed Thread