Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-13-2023, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Green is definitely stale. Give me classic.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

A classic capped p99 would be far more successful in terms of player retention.
Old 07-14-2023, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwooky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A classic capped p99 would be far more successful in terms of player retention.
would it tho?

not much raid content
Old 07-14-2023, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would it tho?

not much raid content
Good reason to like it then.
Old 07-14-2023, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Let's release P99 black ice, where everyone spawns in iceclad and we ONLY have the velious expansion and no classic or kunark world. Bwahahah
Old 07-14-2023, 12:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would it tho?

not much raid content
Yes, yes it would.
Few points on this.

Firstly, the amount of raiding in classic everquest live was inverse to the population. The more raiding there was, the less the overall population numbers were.

The amount of grouping would increase due to a population more tightly compacted. I think theres a pretty common consensus on old school players that Luclin/pop/books/spreading the population and taking away forced interdependency mostly killed the experience that is an MMO.

Is there anyone here that thinks Green is better or healthier now than it was 2 years ago?

80% of the server would much rather log on, find a group in Solb/CT/lguk/perma/etc than log on, check a discord for what timers there are, run around, park their toons or stare at a wall. Eventually everyone reaches a fatigue in raiding, and goes back to the core of EQ.

Why do you think blue is dead and green has double the avg population?
Old 07-14-2023, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwooky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why do you think blue is dead and green has double the avg population?
I was going to reply until I read this.

You're not worth my time.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I was going to reply until I read this.

You're not worth my time.
Blue population is half the population of green that's a fact at almost any time during the day.

Raid fatigue is real whether you want to deny it or not. If not for the sunken cost fallacy, then blue's population would be even worse. They should just merge the servers and start a new green 2.0 and be done with it, everyone will be more happy once the dust settles. The guys that have maxxed out accounts can still sock their precious pixels more, while everyone that likes the leveling up and group experience of real Everquest can have that again.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:36 PM
Banned

There are so many ways to play the game, I've been playing it for 20 years and there are tons of zones and encounters I've still never really experienced. There are still classes I've never even tried playing (bard ranger pally). If you actually run out of shit to do, even with just the content p99 provides, I can't imagine how bad your chair smells.

That being said I still think merge + fresh vanilla green is the only sane path forward. It will piss some people off but nobody ever really quits everquest let's be honest.
Last edited by Ooloo; 07-14-2023 at 02:42 PM..
Old 07-14-2023, 02:55 PM
Banned

The twilight of Blue helped me plan for Green. It felt like I beat Blue with two ToV characters with Epics even though EQ never truly ends. When I log into Blue it's like visiting trophies. There has been no desire for me to play there for quite some time.

So on Green I decided to take the long scenic route. I created many different ways to play and enjoy all the game has to offer. When I log in to one of my characters, I can play whatever version of the game I want. Tank and Spank. Rogue lite. Ranger outdoor tracks. Heals. Chanter soloing. Shaman soloing. Necro soloing. Druid soloing. Phone a friend. Duo or Trio dungeon maxing. Full Group. Epic hunting. Or Raid it up. When I tire of Raiding, I have tons else to do, and then can go Raid later after some time off. Hell I can even go explore zones I don't know well after two decades and learn something new. Baler is spot on. So much to do. Truly Everquest.

I won't be bored of this server for another two or three years easy.