Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-12-2023, 10:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Question About Starting 2nd Account for Res/Buff

I always hear players talking about their Alts and other accounts etc. and someone was talking about having a 2nd account with a Cleric so he always has access to a Res. Is this legal? If this is legal I would like to start 2nd Account Cleric and level him to 50 for this reason alone - so I can res my main or res friends. This seems very useful but if I have 2 computers running from my house won't the IP be the same and will the GM think I am boxing? I have no interest in boxing but would like to buff or res only between accounts. Is this considered boxing? How is this done legally please.
Old 10-12-2023, 03:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wow! 57 Views but nobody will answer? This must be a sensitive subject!
Old 10-12-2023, 04:48 PM
Orc

Having two or more characters logged into the server at the same time is boxing, and therefore, not allowed.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having two or more characters logged into the server at the same time is boxing, and therefore, not allowed.
I wonder how everyone gets away with it then. They must somehow make different IP's. I will just keep the one account then. It's not worth the risk with all the hours you put into a toon. Thank you for clarifying.
Old 10-12-2023, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how everyone gets away with it then. They must somehow make different IP's. I will just keep the one account then. It's not worth the risk with all the hours you put into a toon. Thank you for clarifying.
They just ask someone to log in the 2nd account for them

Put a temp pw on it and swap it each time
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-12-2023, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always hear players talking about their Alts and other accounts etc. and someone was talking about having a 2nd account with a Cleric so he always has access to a Res. Is this legal? If this is legal I would like to start 2nd Account Cleric and level him to 50 for this reason alone - so I can res my main or res friends. This seems very useful but if I have 2 computers running from my house won't the IP be the same and will the GM think I am boxing? I have no interest in boxing but would like to buff or res only between accounts. Is this considered boxing? How is this done legally please.
this only works when you have a few people you can trust not to mess around with your account. typically, i will share my cleric's log in info with a few friends of mine, so we all have access. if one of us needs a rez, we ping the discord chat with all 4 of us to see if anyone is able to log in and rez.

i know other people have done the temporary password when loaning out to a guildie or a less trusted compatriot, but i couldnt be bothered to constantly change a password
Old 10-13-2023, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Wow! 57 Views but nobody will answer? This must be a sensitive subject!
Sorry someone didn’t respond in 5 hours.

Most of us have a spare cleric with an epic. You can park it somewhere and not hassle with a guild bot. If you trust someone not to pilfer the wares of a low 50’s cleric you can have them rez you.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah you shouldn't do this. You can make a cleric to rez others but not yourself.

Account sharing is allowed for this server though, as distasteful as it is for me to mention or think about it

I wish it wasn't done.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Make the cleric.

Give others Rez when they are in need.

Make lots of friends.

Get Rez when needed.
Old 10-13-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

The epitome of p99 is having every class on different accounts so you can account share as much as possible and render main characters a joke
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior