Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Old 12-22-2023, 12:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default EXP Penalty / DMG Cap - Casters

Since the server restart on 12/21, or so, my chanter has been hitting with a cap of 12. This is regardless of weapon. I used Smoldering Brand, Etched Steel Baton, and Nobles Walking Staff. I also noticed that my EXP per kill, past level 2, hovers sometimes around 1% without any pets or groups. I am leveling in Qeynos/Qeynos Hills Area. Another chanter came to test this issue, he is level 12, and he was capped at 12 too. Unsure what's happening.
Old 12-22-2023, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

I can't comment on the 1% exp thing, but there is certainly a damage cap in place for casters that limits the max hit on weapons. I forget where it is posted, but its possible a 9/22 weapon is viewed as a 6/22 weapon at your level but a warrior would not get that penalty.
Old 12-22-2023, 03:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Unsure when this started. I was away from the game for 6 months, and I never had this issue. But it is truly terrible. Thanks for a response.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:40 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I can I killed blues after this was pointed out that I had used before to level, I was getting one blue bar tick per kill which I have figured is actually less then 1% but for sake of argument I'll call it 1. The damage cap at 12 I am unsure of as I am still using starter weapon and only do 4 damage cap anyhow.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I can confirm the exp issue I was lvl 3 getting one blue bubble tick off mobs I know are 2 and was barely a full blue bubble for the yellow con black bears I was killing. As for dmv cap I cap at 4 due to weapon atm
Old 12-27-2023, 01:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can we please get some response on this. It is a real issue. Meaning all INT casters have a melee dmg cap of 12 regardless of weapon. This can't be right.
Old 12-29-2023, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to classic EQ. They were often tough on casters and buffed the hell out of melee.

The info was found in a client decompile and validated by old logs by my recollection. I think at level 20 the cap changes
Old 12-29-2023, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Seems classic. 1-16 is rough on an enchanter then you will slowly start to become the most powerful class in the game.
Old 12-29-2023, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

The damage cap is not a bug. Please see https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Me...bat_and_Damage and scroll down to “Damage Cap.” The damage cap will lift at levels 10, 20, 30, and 40.

If the damage cap should actually be something else, you will need to post evidence thereof. The devs here are very careful never to make changes based on things like “I remember it was this way,” only on concrete evidence such as webpages from that time range, dev statements, patch notes, etc.

Some people say “hope this helps” sarcastically, but I really mean it.