Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-06-2023, 04:09 PM
Large Rat

Default Would love to start green, but...

I'd love to start green, but what worries me of a top-heavy server is that it's 3+ years old.

I see the loom of a possible GREEN 2.0 on the horizon, but we have not received anything yet, and maybe there will never be a 2.0. I'd love to start fresh with brand new server, level with people I'll be raiding with, etc. I never experienced that. However, I fear that LFG and putting groups together will be 5x harder and slower than it would with a 2.0 release. It's mostly a population issue with me.

I can play 45-55+ hours, and I can dedicate myself to a guild. But should I just wait? Am I too late? Do people even do Sky? Do people raid VP? I see 800 people are online now, and that's healthy, but I know there are people in EC, and there are guilds with 150+ members. I just feel I missed that boat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Saamir; 07-06-2023 at 04:21 PM..
Old 07-06-2023, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saamir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to start green, but what worries me of a top-heavy server is that it's 3+ years. Am I too late?

I see the loom of a possible GREEN 2.0 on the horizon, but we have not received anything yet, and maybe there will never be a 2.0. I'd love to start fresh with brand new server, level with people I'll be raiding with, etc. I fear that LFG and putting groups together will make leveling 5x harder and slower than it would with a 2.0 release. It's mostly a population issue with me.

I can play 45-55+ hours, and I can dedicate myself to a guild. But should I just wait? Do people even do Sky? Do people raid VP? I see 800 people are online now, and that's healthy, but I know there are people in EC, and there are guilds with 150+ members. I just feel I missed that boat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green is fine for what you want, population is still pretty healthy.

Blue is more top heavy so I’d avoid it if you’re trying to group a lot.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Giving the way the Quakes work in this game, scarcity will keep the end game raid scene alive for a loooong time. Since guilds can’t just kill the same mob over and over again for loot, raid loot is hard to come by. So the raiding scene is alive and well. Pretty much all raids are still active, except for sleeper tomb obviously. Grouping can be sketchy, but gets better the further you get. I’d say if you can make it to CoM in the 40s, you can get a group reliably. For some reason people quit in the 30s and there is a big gap there.

You’re better off just starting on green, because predicting when green 2.0 is like predicting the next recession. Everyone’s been saying it’s around the corner, but it hasn’t happened. Why not make green 1.0 a practice run for 2.0?
Old 07-06-2023, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Green might possibly be less then halfway through its life, nobody knows ;P Might as well party with everyone
Old 07-08-2023, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

raid loot is ez to come by
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-08-2023, 11:08 PM
Banned

Solo
Group
Raid
Chill

Green has it all
Old 07-18-2023, 06:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Try it and see.
Old 07-18-2023, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Pick a class that can solo as well as group [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-19-2023, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saamir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to start green, but what worries me of a top-heavy server is that it's 3+ years old.

I see the loom of a possible GREEN 2.0 on the horizon, but we have not received anything yet, and maybe there will never be a 2.0. I'd love to start fresh with brand new server, level with people I'll be raiding with, etc. I never experienced that. However, I fear that LFG and putting groups together will be 5x harder and slower than it would with a 2.0 release. It's mostly a population issue with me.

I can play 45-55+ hours, and I can dedicate myself to a guild. But should I just wait? Am I too late? Do people even do Sky? Do people raid VP? I see 800 people are online now, and that's healthy, but I know there are people in EC, and there are guilds with 150+ members. I just feel I missed that boat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on what you want to get out of your experience. Do you want to get close to 60 and just see some content? Sure, you can do that. Guilds have a weekly Sky rotation. People raid VP, but it's a long slog to get keyed there and generally it's going to be monopolized by the top guild so make sure you join that one if seeing as much high end raid content as possible is your goal.

As far as leveling goes, finding groups can definitely be tough at lower levels at times (30-40 seems especially hit or miss IMO). Wish they would merge. But a class that can both solo and group is probably a good idea. Mage maybe (adds COTH utility in raids for if you go end game) or Iksar Monk (pull team in raids, plus more melee DPS is always welcome).
Old 07-19-2023, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Both servers are still fine. All raid content is done every week on both servers.

On Blue you will get items cheaper, but may find it more difficult to find lower level groups.

On green you have more lower level players for grouping, but items are more expensive, and camps are more camped.