Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Aviak

Default A few issues

Hey Guys,

I have recently just got back into EQ project 1999

I have installed it on a few PCs so far and i have some current problems.

1) I can't play in full screen, it either crashes or comes up with an error (with and without winEQ)

2) Everytime i zone the game says it's not responding until zoning is complete then i can continue playing (with and without winEQ)

3) Installing any UI simply doesn't work, unsure of why but i have tried over and over, and yes i did follow the instructions perfectly, i have had experience doing it before.

But the main issue i would like to fix is the Full Screen issue, preferably with winEQ, if anyone could help me with that, it would be very much appreciated! Ty. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Did you read the FAQ?

Usually editing your eqclient.ini file and messing with the resolutions will fix the fullscreen issue. Keeping windowed/full screen resolutions the same and as close to your native screen resolution (or desktop resolution) generally fixes this problem. Also, try being in windowed mode and hitting alt+enter to enter full screen.

as for #2, not fixable. Will always be not responding until you zone. Turn of loading screen art to speed this up slightly (found in general options)

Not sure whats going on with the UI issue. I'm having some weird UI hiccups myself but haven't had the time to fuck with them yet.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 09-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Aviak

I read the FAQ and none of it helped at all, i still get these problems unfortunately. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Large Bat

im having the same problem with fullscreen even if i can get it fixed for one session it will be broken again when i log out and back in.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

For the full screen issue; if you have dual monitors, choose to display on your main screen only. When you get to the character select screen and click enter game it will go back to windowed mode. Alt Enter back to full screen and its fine for the remainder.

If you don't want the hassle of that, then single monitor and disable Win Aero.