Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Said this 3 years ago pulling dragons across vp is dumb and not classic. This is why they started perma rooting dragons on their spawns in velious. Props to ib too they got balls to petition after that gnarly train of vp ent recently.
Yeah my biggest chuckle over this was when I thought "Wow, they petitioned that after the last repop". I mean we could be adults and just have a gentleman's agreement that we won't petition each other over moving things out of the way of pulls and concede the mobs we have to move. I guess getting crushed in VP recently makes them see red though. Oh well they can join us in our week off.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

On one hand it's somewhat fascinating how much you care and how much time you will dedicate to digging up statistics and recollecting and reinterpreting events in Norrath, on the other it's incredibly sad. It's so fucking sad that you cannot step away and do something else, care about something else. It's sad, man. It's just sad. Is any of this sinking in yet? Oh well, at least someone tried to wake you up today. Carry on, I guess.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manticmuse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On one hand it's somewhat fascinating how much you care and how much time you will dedicate to digging up statistics and recollecting and reinterpreting events in Norrath, on the other it's incredibly sad. It's so fucking sad that you cannot step away and do something else, care about something else. It's sad, man. It's just sad. Is any of this sinking in yet? Oh well, at least someone tried to wake you up today. Carry on, I guess.
This is a form of entertainment. Just like the game is. It's sad that you can't distinguish that.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

chest,

youre a 40 year old man that wants to argue with other fat fuck 40 year old men on this forum. Why are you so mad ALL of the time?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

All this rage and sadness is great but thread is still awful slow. C+
Old 02-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Kobold

The rules in VP right now are ridiculous and make it almost impossible for guilds to work on alternate strategies that might alleviate these problems. How does 2 guilds racing for mobs being forced to set up and pull to the same location make any sense? That's like arresting two guys for fighting, locking them in the same cell and then being surprised when they start fighting again. Last time IB moved away from zone to avoid training / unintentional aggro they got suspended.

This is what happens when you have non-raiders crafting rules that box raids into using only one strategy. No CSR VP was fine and I think anyone from TMO or IB that was around then would agree it was a lot more fun. More work and time consuming for sure, but at least it left room for innovation and new strategies. It also gave both guilds an opportunity to take out frustrations on each other by playing the game as opposed to playing petition quest (yes red, I'm aware you have pvp, no need to bring it up.)

The current situation in VP is 100% a result of too many ridiculous stipulations raids must conform to before even thinking about an engage. The rules don't help reduce petitions between IB and TMO, don't help class R guilds break into VP (mostly because none of them have tried), and make the entire experience less fun. Unless the staff gets some strange enjoyment out of enforcing these rules, I really have no idea what purpose they serve.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

^ that's better
Old 02-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this rage and sadness is great but thread is still awful slow. C+
awww cuteeeee, chests boyfriend is coming to support him. go sell some more bard PL bitch
Kobold

The solution to this problem:
Kill mobs like real men who live in your mother's basement instead of training stuff around like bitch babies.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The solution to this problem:
Kill mobs like real men who live in your mother's basement instead of training stuff around like bitch babies.
Closed Thread