Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Default Warriors and their Contribution

When i started playing, i made a warrior / gnome. I did want to be a bit diff so i made a gnome lol. Well my big question is, in endgame atm. How do warriors fare? I mean when i get in my 40s? will i still be able to find groups easy? or am i replaceable with paladins and SKs ? ? just wondering...Also how does my damage par. with other classes? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned

Having played a 50 war on p99, I can tell you. Once you get yaks its a whole new world. As far as being desirable. For raids you are the most desirable class for tanking. Especially when kunark comes. The sad thing is as a war you won't be able to accomplish anything other then raiding. What i mean is solitary you are horrible. You can't camp anything worth wild. You give no contribution to noobs buffs etc. You are just a damage eating machine. Which is why its a group friendly and raid friendly class only. Groups are no longer exsistant once you are level 50. Unless you have friends and you do camps with them. Since exp is now gone. It can make to a boring character IMO. Make tons of friends and you will find the class most rewarding.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Kobold

Once you hit 37 and you have yaks aggro isn't that much of a problem. Before then though, eek. I'd play a SK or paladin personally or wait for Kunark and better weapons.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Orc

yaks really arent necessary to tank reliably until you're MTing for raids. I kept perfectly good agro with a Kicsh Der Pavz and Obsidian Shard til 43... and as a gnome you've already got respectable enough dexterity

your damage sucks but that's not what your class is about, anyway. Just keep one eye turned toward kunark and try not to die of boredom when you're level 50
Closed Thread