Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Miss me with that "we hung out in cyber cafes and would box each others character".. good for you but you didn't buy the damn things and they were not in your home.

TFW the cable guy comes out to instal your line and questions why you have so much ram.. "for a video game? RAM is expensive though"
Old 02-05-2019, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye1709 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take Out of Context for 500 Alex.

I'll spell it out for you. Player A doesn't want to compete, sock, wall lick, whatever you want to call it, for pixels because game mechanics (or rather how the server population interacts with the mechanics currently) dictate thats the only way they can get them. Player B is willing to do the above. Player B is willing to play the game, gets reward. Player A, cries/whines until GM interferes and tries to make it "fair".

So, yea, nothing is owed to anyone outside of being able to play a video game they want to without GMs interfering because some other player thinks the way other people are playing the game is "unfair".

Get it?

If everyone got a medal just for "participating", this server would be dead already.
Some guilds are filled with 100% employed folks

Sorry you are not. (not sorry)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wonder what you look like irl
Old 02-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye1709 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take Out of Context for 500 Alex.
So, yea, nothing is owed to anyone outside of being able to play a video game they want to without GMs interfering because some other player thinks the way other people are playing the game is "unfair".

Get it?
So nothing is owed to anyone and it's a F2P server, but you want the GMs who run this server to run it the way you want it?

Ok, yeah, I think I understand now. Thank you for clearing that up.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lol at people making assumptions regarding others' RL circumstances. Sorry my job allows me to log in for bat phones and get pixels and yours doesn't?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So nothing is owed to anyone and it's a F2P server, but you want the GMs who run this server to run it the way you want it?

Ok, yeah, I think I understand now. Thank you for clearing that up.
Nah, you still don't understand. Too much fortnite?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're playing EQ Classic. The exact same video game you played in 1999 (or as close as possible given the coding that exists now). You will never get the "classic experience" because its not 1999, its 2019, and everything outside of the mechanics is different. To use that as an argument for why people shouldn't be able to play the way the want to is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
why people shouldn't be able to play the way the want
Quote:
people
So ... everyone who agrees with you is a person, and everyone who doesn't is ...?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Nah, you still don't understand. Too much fortnite?
Weird how you mention a game that has actual competition. Not that I play it, because it's not my cup of tea, but still funny.

Let me know if you start reading what you type.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lol at people making assumptions regarding others' RL circumstances. Sorry my job allows me to log in for bat phones and get pixels and yours doesn't?
I mean you deliver pizza so you can run home to stare at a wall in ToV. I'm sorry you're so upset about pixels, truly.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Banned

anyway anyone who encourages you to sock is not your friend. it's bad for you.
Closed Thread