Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

Rotation 2022
Old 02-09-2022, 06:57 PM
Banned

Saying you want to recreate 1999 EQ then saying you want fiercely competitive endgame consisting of FTE and racing is hilarious to me. If you want esport EQ then just say that. Don't pretend you want to create 1999 EQ then make something different.

You have quite literally lost your mind if you honestly believe EQ PvE was meant to be competitive. Get some air or something. You need it.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Holy shit. As a new Green server player I thought I wanted to raid on P99. This place is fucked beyond all recognition. Is this really how the end-game players are? Damn. What a disappointment.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit. As a new Green server player I thought I wanted to raid on P99. This place is fucked beyond all recognition. Is this really how the end-game players are? Damn. What a disappointment.
Honestly raiding isn't that bad, and is generally quite fun. Don't use these forums as a basis for trying to understand P99 raiding, especially on a Rants and Flames thread lol.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raiding is fun... but yes this is what you will deal with on a week to week basis
Old 02-09-2022, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't mind DSM and his rose colored glasses. This thread is exactly what you can expect from p99 raiding. It's nothing like what raiding was like on live servers in era. Honestly very little about this server is like how it was on live.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im going to keep mischaracterizing the evidence to argue we arent cheating - zeroz
Fixed that for you.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't mind DSM and his rose colored glasses. This thread is exactly what you can expect from p99 raiding. It's nothing like what raiding was like on live servers in era. Honestly very little about this server is like how it was on live.
I have raided quite a lot on P99, and it is nothing like the forums. Most of the time you are having fun and killing mobs, even in a top guild. If you are an officer it is probably more stressful, but that is a volunteer position, and most people are not officers.

I am not sure how I am the one with rose colored glasses, when you are the one pining over how raiding was on live. I am not sure if any veteran player here actually believes P99 could be what you remember from live.

Realistically P99 will never match live, due to all of the game knowledge we have now, even if we magically found the code and the servers from the Classic-Velious era.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have raided quite a lot on P99, and it is nothing like the forums. Most of the time you are having fun and killing mobs, even in a top guild. If you are an officer it is probably more stressful, but that is a volunteer position, and most people are not officers.

I am not sure how I am the one with rose colored glasses, when you are the one pining over how raiding was on live. I am not sure if any veteran player here actually believes P99 could be what you remember from live.

Realistically P99 will never match live, due to all of the game knowledge we have now, even if we magically found the code and the servers from the Classic-Velious era.
The project owners are the ones that are trying to replicate how everquest was in 1999, one would assume that includes raiding. Obviously you can't do that because of 20+ years of knowledge but they are desperately trying to anyways. Instead of giving us a pure 1999 sandbox and letting us innovate game play with the knowledge gained in the intervening years they've decided to make hundreds of changes to the server that deviate from classic EQ.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The project owners are the ones that are trying to replicate how everquest was in 1999, one would assume that includes raiding. Obviously you can't do that because of 20+ years of knowledge but they are desperately trying to anyways. Instead of giving us a pure 1999 sandbox and letting us innovate game play with the knowledge gained in the intervening years they've decided to make hundreds of changes to the server that deviate from classic EQ.
Oh I agree with you there. I don't really like many of the non-classic changes they have made, like rooted dragons, clickie nerfs, custom raiding rules, etc. Their lives would be much easier if they stepped back and let people play, but for whatever reason that isn't what has ended up happening, for better or worse.