Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Aviak

Default The Highbrows of Erudin

Just to preface, great work on this project!

I recently went to Erudin to kill Phloatin Highbrow, who spawns in BlueHawk's near the zone to Toxx Forest, across from the Library. As expected, the guards did not assist him (they don't on Live), but upon killing him I received faction hits for all of the factions of Erudin and a positive faction for the Heretics.

He should only be lowering faction with "EruditeCitizen."

Also, from all of my days killing him he usually dropped between a few silvers to 1-2 platinum, and had no coinage on him.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Phloatin Highbrow

Factions Lowered:
EruditeCitizen

Drops:
from 5 silver to 2 plat, and the odd words and runes

According to THIS post.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen many posts about people leveling up on this one NPC from 18-24 and such but I just don't get it. 1 mob? What's his respawn time, like 6 minutes? Unless he's giving like a full blue of exp every kill I can't see why this particular out of the way NPC.

Thoughts?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen many posts about people leveling up on this one NPC from 18-24 and such but I just don't get it. 1 mob? What's his respawn time, like 6 minutes? Unless he's giving like a full blue of exp every kill I can't see why this particular out of the way NPC.

Thoughts?
I guess due to the items below, but his faction is bugged atm (per the OP), so probably not worth it...

Quote:
Great EXP
Posted: Apr 24th 2001 12:20am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
Anonymous
User's Journal
Anonymous Score: Default
THIS GUY HAS GREAT FRIGGIN EXP
Quote:
Faction
Posted: Aug 9th 2000 11:05am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
NeauChandelle
User's Journal
Anonymous Score: Good
For anyone else who worries about faction, you can make it up by buying a Kiss of Death at Bluehawk's and running it up and giving it to the female Highbrow. This is how you get the Erud's tonic, but it also fixes the faction. Giving her three drinks is equivalent to killing him once, and he seems a fairly fast spawn...I had time to med, deliver the three drinks, and arrive in time to kill him all over again...took me from level 17-20 pretty fast.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

I guess it's just the fact that you would have to med after every kill that bugs me. I know some people swear by it but I've always found that hunting mostly blue cons at a constant rate nets more exp and gold than blowing a ton of mana to kill a single mob and having to med to full before repeating.

Of course I don't know exactly how much exp this guy gives per kill so I will hold my previous judgement.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Aviak

He is just generally an easy kill and a 6 minute spawn. The EXP is only great because of the fast spawn time, and the fact as a caster you can mostly kite him around without worry.

Thanks for including the link to the source Excision. I meant to, but forgot.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

(Thanks for answering my queries.)

Now to get back on topic and add to the original post:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/fa...ml?faction=410
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

-lowered to 6 min spawn time
-Added unique trigger response for "not a sailor"
-Sinnkin Highbrow and Phloatin Highbrow will now faction EruditeCitizen
-Created loottable
Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Quote:
Faction
Posted: Aug 9th 2000 11:05am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
NeauChandelle
User's Journal
Anonymous Score: Good
For anyone else who worries about faction, you can make it up by buying a Kiss of Death at Bluehawk's and running it up and giving it to the female Highbrow. This is how you get the Erud's tonic, but it also fixes the faction. Giving her three drinks is equivalent to killing him once, and he seems a fairly fast spawn...I had time to med, deliver the three drinks, and arrive in time to kill him all over again...took me from level 17-20 pretty fast.
Nice. Because you lose exactly the same exp from killing him as what you would get from turning in that quest 3 times. I originally had to do some guesses with how to fix the factions. Glad its working out.
Closed Thread