Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Project Manager

So Tserrina's master key should work for any mirror in the zone? (Including the non-7th floor mirrors?). i.e. Can I zone in, go to right portal, click it with Tserrina's Key and be on floor 2?

In the mirror room on floor 7, must you click the mirrors with keys to be transported to the respective level? Or are no keys required? Should the individual keys be required to click 7th floor mirrors/does Tserrina's key work for these?

Here's an example of a possible script for the doors. Since the click is to move players within the keyholders group, I'm using perl. Script borrowed heavily from Shin Noir on eqemulator.

Code:
sub EVENT_CLICKDOOR {
    if ($client->IsGrouped()) {
        my $destx = 0;
        my $desty = 0;
        my $destz = 0;
        my $d_id = ($doorid % 256);
        if ($d_id == 2) { #First Floor Door 
            if ($oncursor(20033)) {
                $destx = 660;
                $desty = 100;
                $destz = 40;
            }
        }
        if  ($d_id == 4) { #Second Floor Door
            if ($oncursor(20034)) {
                $destx = 670;
                $desty = 750;
                $destz = 75;
            }
        }
        if  ($d_id == 16) { #Third Floor Door
            if ($oncursor(20035)) {
                $destx = 170;
                $desty = 755;
                $destz = 175;
                $desth = 0;
            }
        }
        if  ($d_id == 27) { #Fourth Floor Door
            if ($oncursor(20036)) {
                $destx = -150;
                $desty = 160;
                $destz = 217;
            }
        }
        if  ($d_id == 34) { #Fifth Floor Door
            if ($oncursor(20037)) {
                $destx = -320;
                $desty = 725;
                $destz = 12;
            }
        }
        if  ($d_id == 157) { #6b Gem
            if ($oncursor(20038)) {
                $destx = 20;
                $desty = 250;
                $destz = 355;
            }
        }
        if  ($d_id == 1) { #Left portal on 1st level to 7th
            if ($oncursor(20039)) { #tserrina master key
                $destx = 20;
                $desty = 250;
                $destz = 355;
            }
        }
        if ($destx != 0) {
            my $tmpclient = 0;
            for ($i = 0; $i < 2000; $i++) {
                $tmpclient = $entity_list->GetClientByID($i);
                if (defined($tmpclient)) {
                    if ($tmpclient->GetGroup()->IsGroupMember($client) #Grouped with key holder?
                        && $tmpclient->CalculateDistance($client->GetX(), $client->GetY(), $client->GetZ()) < 40) {
                        $tmpclient->CastToClient()->MovePC(111, $destx, $desty, $destz, 0);
                    }
               }
               undef($tmpclient);
            }
        }
   }
}
If that gives you an idea, I need to be as specific as possible.
Last edited by nilbog; 06-05-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Aviak

Yes master key will let you use all the mirrors like they normally would work but also bring you to top floor if you click the left one on first floor. Also remember being able to zone up group members if they were with you by mirror. At least the normal mirrors the direct to top might have been key holder only.

Project 1999: Blue
Muergan Valiantheart <Altered Vision>
52 Paladin
Battlemage Omnipotent <Altered Vision>
26 Magician

Project 1999: Green
Pooks <The Drift>
60 Rogue
Muergan Valiantheart <The Drift>
49 Paladin
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes master key will let you use all the mirrors like they normally would work but also bring you to top floor if you click the left one on first floor. Also remember being able to zone up group members if they were with you by mirror. At least the normal mirrors the direct to top might have been key holder only.
This is 100% accurate however clicking the left mirror on floor one with master key would port your group to the top also (confirmed)
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

omg get rid of those hardcoded literals!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Project Manager

Still curious about the mirrors on floor 7.

Quote:
All I know about this "eighth floor" is that Tserrina drops magical lore items, that can unlock the secrets of the floor(as far as the eq manual said - why'd I read that thing? No one reads manuals! Well hey, I was bored!) and the key she drops does NOT take you to the eighth floor, but the Room of Mirrors, which will take you to any floor in the Tower of Frozen Shadow. One mirror in the room, however, does nothing.
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=5604
Quote:
The 8th level and locked level is as far as I been able to find out a myth and nothing else. All mirrors simply take you out (though I recall someone claiming early SoV that they took you to different levels in ToFS).
http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14207
Quote:
Up the spiral stair case is a locked door. You need Valsherra's key to open it. This leads to a room with a bunch of mirrors. Click to zone out.

Conflicting information from the same article:

One room has 7 mirrors and that is the room the master key will bring you to. And each mirror leads to the different floors.
http://www.antonica.org/forums/messa...2481f506b5af9b
Quote:
When you first port up to this zone, you will be in a room surrounded by mirrors. One of these mirrors is locked, clicking on any other mirror will port you outside.
http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjon.../tofs/tofs.htm
Quote:
A spiral stair reaches up to the mirror room, using the key from the djinn to open the door. All the mirrors but one go outside, and nobody is sure what the last one goes to. Some speculations include an 8th floor or a plane that isn't open yet.
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...staff-of-Cazic
Quote:
1/15/2002
Up the stairs and around the hallway leads you to a room with a locked door in the back-pick the lock or use the key from Vhal`Sera to open it-this leads to the mirror room, with the enigmatic locked mirror and 6 other mirrors that lead you back outside.
http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjon...discussion.htm

Seems the oldest information I can find supports the room of mirrors not taking you floor to floor.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Banned

It smells like community in here, I like it.

Best of lucks on the Velious box Nilb.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default linky,linky

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3884.html

according to the post from Scirocco "07-02-2001, 10:53 AM" the room had 6 mirrors.

hope this helps.

Slothbynature Lazybutt
Last edited by Schnuller; 06-13-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Old 06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
omg get rid of those hardcoded literals!
Why?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Well, I was actually just teasing, but if you are seriously asking, its bad programming style. If you ever need to change the way something is defined that you've hardcoded, (in this case its an item id), you'll have to go hunt through all the source for occurrences and make sure you get them all. If they are centrally defined somewhere you can just change that one spot.
Code:
$oncursor(20039)
becomes something like

Code:
$oncursor(LEFT_PORTAL_KEY)
Makes it easier to read as well. You'd have the constant LEFT_PORTAL_KEY defined as being equal to 20039 in some constants file that all of the code imports from.

Now, I don't know if in the specific case of EQ EMU scripting it is important or not ( ie., there is NO chance the ID numbers would ever change and you have them all memorized ), but it's still considered generally bad coding practice.
Last edited by fadetree; 06-14-2012 at 10:21 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I was actually just teasing, but if you are seriously asking, its bad programming style. If you ever need to change the way something is defined that you've hardcoded, (in this case its an item id), you'll have to go hunt through all the source for occurrences and make sure you get them all. If they are centrally defined somewhere you can just change that one spot.
Code:
$oncursor(20039)
becomes something like

Code:
$oncursor(LEFT_PORTAL_KEY)
Makes it easier to read as well. You'd have the constant LEFT_PORTAL_KEY defined as being equal to 20039 in some constants file that all of the code imports from.

Now, I don't know if in the specific case of EQ EMU scripting it is important or not ( ie., there is NO chance the ID numbers would ever change and you have them all memorized ), but it's still considered generally bad coding practice.
What he posted is the player.pl perl script for TOFS. The items are only defined there. Not in the server code or other quest files. So doing that would actually be far more complicated in this case. Generally you're right, though in this case it's easier as he has it.
Closed Thread