Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-12-2012, 01:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Satellite internet doesn't run p99? Blackscreen

I seem to be having the same problem as a few other people who are trying to play p99 on a satellite internet connection. It lets me load the server screen, lets me select server. But then black screens with the cursor for eq and waits for about a min then closes and boots me back to login. Why the hell is this, and is it ever a solvable problem? I've searched all the forums and can't find any information on how to fix it. Has anyone been successful in playing p99 on satellite internet?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

In 2009, I tried to play EQ with a satellite connection. It didn't ever get pass Server Select screen. I ended up buying and playing offline games.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah that's what I've been doing but I'm a hardcore everquest person so it like sucks ass not being able to play where I mainly live now. I still play when I go and visit my mom's but ugh I want to be able to play from home.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
Aviak

Can use pdanet to play if you have a smartphone

Project 1999: Blue
Muergan Valiantheart <Altered Vision>
52 Paladin
Battlemage Omnipotent <Altered Vision>
26 Magician

Project 1999: Green
Pooks <The Drift>
60 Rogue
Muergan Valiantheart <The Drift>
49 Paladin
Old 06-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't have a cellphone sadly. I was thinking about getting a smartphone though I would love to be able to be chillin in town or on the buss and able to play eq. That my dear friends would be epic.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

I'm in the same situation, Jammer. All we have available here is satellite internet..
(Stupid Eastern Shore)

Anyway, I play in my office every other night. So if you have a key to your workplace, and it has internet, maybe that'll work for you.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah sadly I don't work where there's internet either so I guess I'm just stuck to playing when I go to my visit my mother. Man that really blows, damn it this is supposed to be a classic server. Make it so we can play with satellite cause if you used to be able to play it on 56k you think you should be able to play it on satellite.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer191 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sadly I don't work where there's internet either so I guess I'm just stuck to playing when I go to my visit my mother. Man that really blows, damn it this is supposed to be a classic server. Make it so we can play with satellite cause if you used to be able to play it on 56k you think you should be able to play it on satellite.
Im not sure what your financial situation is like, but have you thought in maybe investing in a 4g hotspot usb stick? or stealing neighbour's wifi :P ?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not sure what your financial situation is like, but have you thought in maybe investing in a 4g hotspot usb stick? or stealing neighbour's wifi :P ?
From what I've seen the 4g hotspot stuff is cheaper than satellite. However, they pretty much all have capped data plans.

You can try checking if you have Clear 4g in your town, but I'd doubt it.

They claim that they concentrate on getting internet out to rural areas, but if you check their coverage map, they are around medium to large cities.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I would totally try the 4g hotspot thing cause it has to be cheaper than this satellite cause we spend about 100$ a month if not more on just our internet. I looked at the clear site and it said they're not sure if they can get service here or not. Is that anything like Lime cause I tried that and it didn't work.