Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Is there something wacky going on with spiders/poison?
Spider and snake npcs need more data as to which poison they should use. This thread and its links are here to help correct the problem.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

correct me if im wrong but the main issue was level 1-2 spiderlings and snakes did not poison at all in live no?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also feeling good to help contribute other than ooc spam! woooooo me.

-Elaida
Last edited by Erasong; 01-24-2010 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: no need for a second post.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Ah you're definitely brave to train on those spiderlings if you aren't a pet wielding class.

My warrior got its butt stomped at lvl 3, i think it was doing 6dmg- per tick.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
correct me if im wrong but the main issue was level 1-2 spiderlings and snakes did not poison at all in live no?
Quite possibly. Can anyone help support this?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spider and snake npcs need more data as to which poison they should use. This thread and its links are here to help correct the problem.
I'm not sure if this helps in any way, but I quickly googled spiderlings, found a link to Alla, and in the mob bestiary, it does not show the spiderling being capable of casting any poison.

Subsequently, I googled a cistern asp, and it displayed the appropriate known poison the mob used.

Perhaps spiderlings shouldn't be posioning at all? Unsure if the info I read is 100% accurate on Alla. Heh.

EDIT
The mob info posted reads: "The spiderlings are the non-posionous version of the spiders. They are non-agressive, but the are EXTREMELY social, and will join in if you're fighting one anywhere near them. While they can be excellent xp for the younger player, they do come in a variety of level ranges."
Old 01-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Default poison

IIRC, the only spiders that proced poisons were the ones that dropped spider silk. I don't remember any spiderlings procing poison.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
correct me if im wrong but the main issue was level 1-2 spiderlings and snakes did not poison at all in live no?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I thought. A spiderling or it's relatives of the same lvl had no poison, it was just a model + loot table swap for fire beetles. The large spiders did have poisons, but not sure if even them had such lethal ones. Far as I can recall from live, only poison that actually managed to be properly threatening was the one you'd catch from rattlesnakes in EC. The poison they used was a veritable ranger-gate.
Last edited by Brut; 01-24-2010 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Less actuallys!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

I dunno. I've died to many a large spider early on trying to collect silks on live.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I know leveling an enchanter in nek the past 2 days even with some gear I couldnt live through a spider poison, regardless of HP untill lvl 5 or so, and then it was only if I was above 80% hp or so. Seems a little high, I wound up slim picking the bears/skellies/wolfs in the area, I would normally get my pet on them and med, and just couldnt beat it.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Spiderlings never poisoned. The higher leveled spiders procced a poison, but definitely not spiderlings.
Closed Thread