Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Aviak

Thumbs down Taco Bell sued for false advertising on actual content of "Ground Beef." FOURTHMEAL!

If I were a GM IRL I'd #summon and #slay you before you could say "Yo Quiero Isolated Oat Product"!

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/25/...ing-standards/

Quote:
The fast food chain, Taco Bell, has been accused of false advertising when it refers to "seasoned beef" in its meaty Mexican fare.

The Alabaman law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles filed a lawsuit on Friday on behalf of Amanda Obney, a Californian customer of Taco Bell. Ms Obney doesn't want cash damages but demands that Taco Bell be more honest in its advertising practices.

(More on TIME.com: See the top 10 Worst Fast-Food Meals)

In a study conducted by the law firm, it was found that Taco Bell's "meat mixture", which it dubs "seasoned beef" contained less than 35 % beef. If these figures are correct, the product would fail to meet minimum requirements, set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, to be labeled as "beef". The other 65% of the "meat" is made up of water, soy lecithin, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch (amongst other ingredients more suited to a test tube than a taco).

Although Taco Bell displays these added ingredients on its website, there is no mention of just how much actual meat is contained in the product.

Rob Poetsch, a spokesman for Taco Bell, said the company denies that its advertising is misleading: "Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree."

The verdict of the case — or the ruling from the court of public opinion — has yet to be announced.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

still gonna eat it
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Like anyone thought it was actually meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

I feel disgusted and betrayed that Taco Bell isn't living up to the high nutritional standards I've come to expect from American fast food chains.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

NO wonder I felt stoned after I ate 5 Taco Supremes and a Mexican Pizza.
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NO wonder I felt stoned after I ate 5 Taco Supremes and a Mexican Pizza.
Actually, it's probably because you were stoned when you ordered that much food from Taco Bell.

Quote:
You'd be impressed if someone showed you the inner workings of a fucking lego castle.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Aviak

WHERES THE BEEF!!!!!

Not in Taco-Bell Tacos thats for sure

they still taste goo though

it's all that yum yum anti-dusting agent goodness!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Yea thats pretty disgusting glad I havent eaten there in at least 6 months dont plan on it again. Fast Food is really bad obviously people know that but they still stuff there faces with it. Did you know that Mcdonalds and Burger Kings meat is cleaned with Amonia! look it up, also look up the video on the doctor who did an experiment and kept a mcdonalds burger and fries in a lunch pail for 6 years with NO mold on it, and the texture turned plastic like. Theres a reason why that foods cheap. America has one of the worst food systems ever. Fast Food is just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

You keep your hands off my high-fructose corn-bread-meat, you son of a bitch!

Quote:
Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

who gives a shit? if you eat taco bell you probably arnt that interested in nutritional value.
Closed Thread