Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Default Being a relative newcomer to the P99 experience

I missed out on the Guise of the Deceiver era. Didn't think this was appropriate for any forum but R&F I was just wondering if there would ever possibly be an 'event' for holidays or something where for a 1 week period, or something in that neighborhood that the old school server drops would be implemented for those of us who weren't aware of P99s awesomeness back in the day.

I know this isn't going to happen, but a guy can dream can't he!?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

You realize this already happened, no?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

There was a halloween event. The final boss was swarmed by such a large portion of the server that the zone was fairly unstable, so the GMs had to kill the mob and dole out loot manually. I think two Guise of the Deceivers were handed out, as well as all the loot that dropped. Was enjoyable and a great load test for the server.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Orc

Why would someone who just said they were new here know that
Old 01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Join date Mar 2010, 122 posts, and i recognize the handle RocketMoose -> thats how
Old 01-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Kobold

I was here while the guise dropped but I was never able to loot one. Is there any way that there could be some kind of event in which the GMs give all of my characters guises? I know I don't really play anymore but I think it would only be fair...
Old 01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Large Bat

I would love to see a roll back of how the server was when it first opened up for like a week say on p99's anniversary or something. I totally missed out on the chance to loot a manastone or a guise .. sure they gave out a guise on Halloween but your chance of getting one was also less then 1%
Old 01-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanelan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see a roll back of how the server was when it first opened up for like a week say on p99's anniversary or something. I totally missed out on the chance to loot a manastone or a guise .. sure they gave out a guise on Halloween but your chance of getting one was also less then 1%
The chance of getting one if they opened the camp back up for one week would actually be less than 1% because, well, everyone would rush the camp and hold it till they got all the guises or manastones they wanted. You have a better chance at winning a /random lotto then you do under those conditions.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Large Bat

Oh I'm sure lol just sucks I missed out on it because I found p99 too late lol same thing happened on live when I started in classic too. At least we get to farm kunark pre nerfs
Old 01-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

I was sitting at the guise camp, next in line, the few hours right before the temple of sol ro patch, it does suck, but oh well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread