Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Default Non-twink Ogre Warrior?

I'm really new to the server. I MT'd classic through PoP on live before swapping to WoW. I was wondering how useless non-twink warriors are on this server? I figure a stale classic server with the "upcoming" kunark expac probably has lots of fully twinked warrior alts out trucking around.

Is it possible to get groups when you need them if you aren't a twinked tank or do people just pass?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

You will get a group. I've been the Main Tank in the majority of my xp groups, and I am a monk. Always looking for a plate class to take the hits, regardless of your wealth.

Kolored on Red.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

If you know how to play your class, people will want you in their group. Just save up your money to buy good aggro-proccing weapons, i.e. Gnoll Lariats, etc. There are a bunch of good warrior threads on this forum, too:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...t=warrior+noob

I have very frequently seen bronze or small bronze armor on merchants; this may not be the case for large bronze, but i'm sure there are merchants out there which people are dumping large bronze onto...And people sometimes sell pieces of it for 1pp per ac or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Just because you have expensive gear doesn't make you a good warrior.
All it says is that you soloed a mage/necro to 50 and farm Jboot MQ's and Frenzy spawns for the cash to buy it.

Learn your class.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the replies!

I certainly understand how to play the class (not really much to it), but I didn't know if there were enough twinks running around geared to the teeth that I'd be overlooked if I was LFG.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Usually people are just happy to find a tank at all, from what i've seen...particularly at lower levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

I just started a warrior Last week, Currently Lvl 17. I have only been in a group with another 2 times, and neither have really been that twinked.

Unless you play a Druid / Necromancer / Enchanter / Magician those are about the only mass populated classes.
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Get a proc weapon or two (e.g. polished granite tomahawk for 125ish pp, obsidian shard for 400-500pp) and you're good. Otherwise you can't hold aggro (not on anything higher-con than blue, anyway, or unless you have a dedicated rooter) and aren't so much a tank as a shitty DPS. That being said, a lot of groups will take you even if you don't have aggro weapons and aren't doing much of anything for the group. Don't get gnoll hide lariats early on, as they only start proccing at level 25.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Fire Giant

Just don't group with rogues or rangers, and use whatever weapon you want. Problem solved.

It's actually kind of nice to play a non-twinked warrior *this late* into the server.. Since you can attain really awesome stuff like crafted armor and obsidian shards, axe of the slayers, plat fire wedding rings, etc... None of that stuff was out there in abundance, and certainly not for sale on the open market back in the day.

Yeah, it's going to be really hard to scrounge up money, but at least when you do, you will totally be able to buy a ton of things that will help you greatly, at a much lower level than if you had started on day one.

But yeah, honestly, going warrior is a commitment, and one of the longest roads to fruition on this server. Not saying you have to go pet caster or priest or something, but we'd be mean to not let you know ahead of time the hell you are getting yourself into. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Brace yourself, it's gonna be a wild ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

warriors have it rougher keeping aggro since we're all trained from modern MMORPG to attack fast and hard as soon as the fight starts - something warriors can't deal with well.

SKs get this spell called disease cloud - worth the 40% shared xp penalty.
Closed Thread