Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Toxic Players on Green

Honestly - where are they? I see lots of threads or comments complaining about them but virtually everyone I've run into on Green has been genuinely nice. I say virtually because some are new and aren't aware of things most of us accept as common knowledge such as camp rules and whatnot, but even then once they're provided a polite explanation they've been more than cordial.

Where's all this toxicity then? In my opinion it's your fault in the first place. Remember that text doesn't carry tone well so be careful in what you say and read it to yourself before smashing enter so you can be sure it doesn't deliver the wrong message.

https://youtu.be/Orjbwv8H9zM

-Mcoy
Old 12-17-2019, 02:44 AM
Kobold

It's mostly at the "competitive" end where people MUST have the best items of every type and who are willing to go to, by any definition, completely crazy lengths to get them. Avoid the associated camps and you don't need to cross paths with them much. And that obviously means much if not all of the raiding activity means dealing with those people.

Somebody else said it was like they were literally raised by wolves in a forest because of the extent of lack of understanding of basic courtesy and the rules of discourse. I think of them more as people who work so hard at being dicks that it's not like they wear their dickness on their arm, it's like they're so covered with dicks that they look like giant dick amoebas.

Thankfully there's a whole big fun world out there that doesn't involve raiding or /list camps, and the people playing that game all seem to be good folks.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Go do gnoll fangs for a couple days in blackburrow, you'll run into some toxicity, I guarantee it.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

OP didnt camp manastone?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:46 AM
Sarnak

If you stay off the competitive path in eq your experiences tend to be wildly more friendly in general, regardless of the server. If you go to the highest value camps then you're guaranteed to run into social outcasts.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-17-2019, 08:27 AM
Kobold

I've been pretty competitive (jboot, guise, named camps in lguk, etc.) and I don't see much toxicity either.

If someone says there are assholes everywhere they go, it's likely that they are the asshole and everyone is just responding in kind. Similar to how women who say they "hate drama" are virtually always drama queens.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's mostly at the "competitive" end where people MUST have the best items of every type and who are willing to go to, by any definition, completely crazy lengths to get them. Avoid the associated camps and you don't need to cross paths with them much. And that obviously means much if not all of the raiding activity means dealing with those people.

Somebody else said it was like they were literally raised by wolves in a forest because of the extent of lack of understanding of basic courtesy and the rules of discourse. I think of them more as people who work so hard at being dicks that it's not like they wear their dickness on their arm, it's like they're so covered with dicks that they look like giant dick amoebas.

Thankfully there's a whole big fun world out there that doesn't involve raiding or /list camps, and the people playing that game all seem to be good folks.
Mix of crazy P99 players wanting those high value camps and more modern MMO players who have never had to exist in a non-instanced world and therefore never had to learn how to treat other players in game.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of competition, and a few misunderstandings, but haven't seen toxicity in HK. Been there for a month almost.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen only a handful of consistently toxic players - they are typically the hyperactive type that keeps spouting in chat about bull shit that no one cares about. They most often play Monks and they feel they are 'better' at the game than others because they can FD away mistakes. But 99% of the people I have played with identify as adults who like Ever Quest and we have been having great fun.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-17-2019, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

I have also noticed now that the "I DID IT FIRST" races are over, the server as a whole is becoming much more community vs me me me me and the aforementioned hyperactive-monk-scumlords are becoming even less common
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread