Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Orc

Default Outdated spell files with eqemu

Hey there,

Just tried to connect to the pvp server but my spell files are outdated even though I have Duxas.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Orc

Help! I need mah fix!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Orc

Ok So I tried extracting the new spell files but it says cannot create spells-us access denied. WTF does that mean .
Old 09-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

just use the launcher http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip make sure you rightclick the launcher and run it as admin ... or even better right click => properties => compatibility and check always run as admin for it, it will autopatch your EQ for p99 and red99 alike ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOxyLIKI4N4 here is a tutorial movie on how to setup and use the launcher, you can ignore the second part of the video where he starts to talk about akkas funhouse server
Old 09-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Large Bat

New here....trying to set everything up but I've ran into this problem as well (although I am trying to get on the regular server, not PvP).

I've followed the steps in the "Getting Started" thread. I even DL the newest version from the front page. Wasn't sure where to save it so I just saved it on the default it gave me.

However I am still getting the error "Your spells are outdated, please visit Project 1999....etc". And it is only showing a human model.

Needless to say I am pretty computer illiterate and really don't know what the hell I am doing. I DL the launcher from the link above, but I am running into problems from that as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

"i have problems" does not really help anyone to help you ...

what operating system do you have? where is EQ installed? what version of EQ did you install? what are the problems you run into with the launcher?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"i have problems" does not really help anyone to help you ...

what operating system do you have? where is EQ installed? what version of EQ did you install? what are the problems you run into with the launcher?
Thanks for the reply.

My operation system is Windows XP.
EQ is installed in C:\Program Files\Sony
I have Everquest Titanium installed

When I tried to launch the launcher I got a "EQEmuLauncher.exe-Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application."

I even right clicked on the Emu launcher to launch it as an admin, but I don't even have that option.

In the Duxas thread (stickied at the top of the page), on the last page Savok suggested downloading .net applications from Microsoft. I don't think I have any of those, will those help? What do those do?

I hope that helps. If you need more information on my end, please let me know. Thanks again for your help and your time, I really do appreciate it. Like I mentioned, when it comes to computers I just know the basic stuff.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffix13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the reply.

My operation system is Windows XP.
EQ is installed in C:\Program Files\Sony
I have Everquest Titanium installed

When I tried to launch the launcher I got a "EQEmuLauncher.exe-Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application."

I even right clicked on the Emu launcher to launch it as an admin, but I don't even have that option.

In the Duxas thread (stickied at the top of the page), on the last page Savok suggested downloading .net applications from Microsoft. I don't think I have any of those, will those help? What do those do?

I hope that helps. If you need more information on my end, please let me know. Thanks again for your help and your time, I really do appreciate it. Like I mentioned, when it comes to computers I just know the basic stuff.
Your issue is that you require the .Net framework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Large Bat

Thank You. I'll try that when I get home tonight.

Out of curiosity, what does the ".NET framework" do anyways?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

I believe its the system Duxa used to write the script.