Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Developer

Things I have fixed in the test source, which have not been pushed live.

Sitting - This is fixed. There was a logic check, that was not applying properly. This could also be causing some random interrupts, I didn't check everything it affected. But there were several things.

Instrument modifiers were not always sticking the way I had intended. This has been coded also, and waiting to be patched live.

The mana regen, from bard songs was always affecting the bard before, but because mana was locked to not refresh while singing, you never saw it. You would get full display of actual mana after songs stopped before. If mana songs are not supposed to affect bards, then we can look at this more. But I didnt change any mechanics here, other than figure out how to get bard mana updates to send to client while singing songs. Bards were always getting the mana regen serverside on emu, just not seeing it at the client.

All Bards will be getting "the Pied Piper" added to their names, as they are now being hard coded to always play flutes. Just kidding. No idea on graphics glitch, but some of the other fixes I did for buffs might correct it. If not, i will explore this issue again when I have time. I doubt I will get much more coding time this week, a lot going on in RL.

Haynar
Old 04-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Thanks for the effort Haynar. I'll continue to post anything that I notice into this thread.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

i got on my bard tonight and i had the selo's problem. my hym of restoration is out of whack tho. when i first cast it it works and shows graphic for all group members. then if i keep it going it doesnt show graphic for anyone, sometimes it shows it for 1 person. and also i asked if everyone was getting the song 1 said yes 1 said no, they were both in range. and last one of the guys told me he was getting the messege, but the song icon wasnt showing.
edit: got back on and after i cast hym, when i sit my song ends abruptly also
Last edited by wraith; 04-25-2010 at 02:14 AM..
Old 04-25-2010, 03:23 AM
Sarnak

Haynar, I <3 you.

Mana song should NOT affect bards. We thank you again!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:38 AM
Kobold

Bard songs do not stick if they gets refreshed at the end of the song. Basically, during a song rotation, if the "refreshed" song lands just as the song is ending, the new song won't stick and the buff will be removed.

Not sure if it's intended but it's making twisting 4 songs a major pain.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

songs end apruptly when u are sitting down...healing some comes to mind..thats not classic..please revert to make em work while sitting again since this is the way it worked

thanks!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
songs end apruptly when u are sitting down...healing some comes to mind..thats not classic..please revert to make em work while sitting again since this is the way it worked

thanks!
Reading comprehension is your friend. As I said before, that was not intended. I changed a shit load of things to fix bards, and am trying to get all the little details worked out to finish getting them working right. So no more of the "revert them" crap.

I have also changed the way buffs refresh again, so for all those that want to twist 4 songs, knock yourself out when it goes live.

Are there any other songs that should not affect bards, besides mana song?

Also, please read the thread before posting extra stuff that has already been covered. I take the time to read all the posts, to understand the issues. So do me a favor, and have a little common courtesy, and don't make me read through the same thing that I have already commented on and addressed.

Haynar
Old 04-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

btw good job so far on the rest of the fixes...nothing gamebraking so far what ive seen since new patch
Old 04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I do not remember this happening (and I could be 100% wrong here, I am old and have a hard time remembering things, let along things that happened in a video game over ten years ago) but my songs (selos, hymn) just end on their own sometimes. I thought once you got it playing, it was supposed to continue to play until you stopped it.

Oh well, all in all, Haynar, you did a frikkin awesome job fixing this once broken class, and for that, I thank you! Keep the faith!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Developer

Songs shouldn't just end. I think that is a bug I kind of created. I hope its fixed next patch. So after fixes go in, that correct the sitting issue, then we can see what other issues exist and move forward from there.

I will look into making mana songs not affect bards, and how to fix. I don't know offhand, but I am sure it is an easy fix. Probably one or 2 lines of code. The key thing, is finding the right place to put the code.

Haynar
Closed Thread