Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Project Manager

Default Tower of Frozen Shadow - some questions.

While building expansion content, we occasionally have questions. When we do, I'd like to ask for community input. Hopefully it will speed along development by outsourcing some of the research needed and alleviate possible questions once Velious is released.

These are specific to the Tower of Frozen Shadow.

1. In the "mirror room", I see 6 mirrors on the wall. There is an empty spot for a 7th mirror. Should there be a 7th mirror?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2. Classically, were the 6 clickable mirrors ports to each respective floor? Currently on eqlive, they all result in porting you to iceclad ocean.

3. Classically, did possessing a key to a higher floor negate the need for lower level keys? For example, if I had a key for the 4th floor, should it work on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd floor mirrors?

Here is a post from allakhazam discussing some of this, but I cannot verify it.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...16701137895567
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While building expansion content, we occasionally have questions. When we do, I'd like to ask for community input. Hopefully it will speed along development by outsourcing some of the research needed and alleviate possible questions once Velious is released.

These are specific to the Tower of Frozen Shadow.

1. In the "mirror room", I see 6 mirrors on the wall. There is an empty spot for a 7th mirror. Should there be a 7th mirror?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

2. Classically, were the 6 clickable mirrors ports to each respective floor? Currently on eqlive, they all result in porting you to iceclad ocean.

3. Classically, did possessing a key to a higher floor negate the need for lower level keys? For example, if I had a key for the 4th floor, should it work on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd floor mirrors?

Here is a post from allakhazam discussing some of this, but I cannot verify it.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...16701137895567
Found this write up on zam

Once to the 7th floor, you would fight Tserrina after finding which was her in the back area (past the torch room) where the shrouded bats were. If you allowed her to gate she would gate to the 8th floor beyond the 2nd locked door (the first locked door could be opened with the large metal key dropped from Vhalsera).
Then she would summon you 1 by 1 and kill the raid. Because no one could get past the 2 locked doors unless you had ALREADY had Tserrina key you were pretty much SoL. IF you did kill Tserrina, 1 person looted her key, raid followed the keyholder up the stairs to the 8th floor, opened the 2nd locked door (at which point it becomes soul bound now days) and you would find the "room of mirrors" that took you to any floor or back out again.

3. No all keys were needed! until you got tserrina's key which was the master key
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Last edited by Alarti0001; 06-01-2012 at 12:46 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Kobold

1) I am 95% sure there was always a mysterious missing mirror.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Kobold

2. I remember the mirrors taking you to each specific floor, but I can't find anything online to add to Alarti's evidence.

3. You definitely needed all keys until you got Tserina's which was a master key.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Fire Giant

nillbog, tofs was quite changed in live since they put in a massive guild event therein the line of battle or firiona vie.

1st floor: No key required.
2nd floor key: Crystal Key - dropped by a large undead gnoll on the 1st floor
3rd floor key: Three Toothed Key - dropped by an angry librarian on the 2nd floor
4th floor key: Frosty key - dropped by an enraged shadow beast on the 3rd floor
5th floor key: Small rusty key - dropped by Cara Omica on the 4th floor
6th floor key: Bone finger key - dropped by an enraged relative on the 5th floor
7th floor key: Large metal key - dropped by VhalSera on the 6th floor
Master key to all floors: Tserrina's Key - dropped by Tserrina Syl`Tor on the 7th floor
There is no 8th floor.in classic.

the 8 was released for the special event quest than was a serverwide event , actualy inly u can get in 8 for that special event

Upon completion of the Kidnapping of Firiona Vie quest, Galeth Veredeth has taken up residence in Iceclad Ocean (location?).

NPCs that spawned outside the Tower of Frozen Shadow drop items with lore "Freezing to the touch," which can be turned in to Galeth Veredeth for rewards for various levels (which items for which rewards?). Some mobs found outside the tower:

a doomshadow
a deathhound
a snowbone
an ice-encrusted armsman
a shadow terror

Guardian of Frozen Shadow is another mob outside the tower (required to kill in order to zone in?).

Once inside the tower, you'll have to make your way from floor to floor until you reach the seventh floor. You will have to clear the inhabitants of each floor before progressing to the next.

Upon clicking a portal:

You touch the shimmering portal, but nothing happens. Tserrina's followers on this floor must be destroyed and her puzzles deciphered before you can ascend any further.

On each floor you will encounter a boss mob (names of mobs on floors?). Each of them will drop loot. Upon reaching the final floor, you will find Tserrina Syl`Tor along with Firiona Vie. Tserrina must be killed, and proof of her death must be brought to Firiona Vie in order to "free" her.

Tserrina is red to 70 and requires a raid force to take down. She hits for 2400 and casts a single target charm every 15 seconds. She drops a Dark Taint of Syl`tor. Hail Firiona Vie.

Once outside the tower and in Iceclad, give the dark taint to Galeth. In exchange for the Dark Taint, you'll receive an Aegis of the Valiant.

i remember that chain of events wich lead u to get this bad boy stuff , the infamous firiona vie staff
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 40
DMG: 37 Dmg Bonus: 23
STA: +5 CHA: +20 WIS: +15 INT: +15
SV DISEASE: +20 SV POISON: +20
Effect: Rejuvenate (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 50
WT: 1.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL except BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)
Item Lore: The Staff of Tunare's Chosen
Item Type: 1H Blunt
Stackable: No
Lucy Entry By: Daermonn
Updated By: SwiftyMUSE
Source: Live
Updated: Thu Oct 9th, 2008
Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=24580

Full post included info about the 7 mirrors....

Orginally, there was another mirror. Each mirror was SUPPOSE to take you to a certain level. 7 mirrors, first six for each level and the 7th to port you back out to iceclad. I dunno when it happened but now all the mirrors take you out, go figure. As for the "mysterious" 8th floor....That is the floor the mirrors are on. From the 7th floor, take the spiral stairs up to the 8th floor.

Orginally it went this way.
Once to the 7th floor, you would fight Tserrina after finding which was her in the back area (past the torch room) where the shrouded bats were. If you allowed her to gate she would gate to the 8th floor beyond the 2nd locked door (the first locked door could be opened with the large metal key dropped from Vhalsera).
Then she would summon you 1 by 1 and kill the raid. Because no one could get past the 2 locked doors unless you had ALREADY had Tserrina key you were pretty much SoL. IF you did kill Tserrina, 1 person looted her key, raid followed the keyholder up the stairs to the 8th floor, opened the 2nd locked door (at which point it becomes soul bound now days) and you would find the "room of mirrors" that took you to any floor or back out again.

This must have seemed too hard and it got NERFED. Now you only need the large metal key to get to the room of mirrors. Tserria key only allows you to go to the room of mirrors from level 1 and has no other use. You can also use the level 1 mirror on the left to make it soulbound to you now days. As for the 7th mirror that disappeared, that was the one mirror that was SUPPOSE to take you back to iceclad.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

so to sum it all, the mirrors in live where 7 all port you down to different lvl less one.

This last one was locked not working and elad for years to the theory of 8 floor key quest wich was used for the event i posted before and later disabled.

it was around 2005 or 2006 so alarti post dude is aswell puzled by the changes in the zone .

remember 7 floor so damm well because before chardok r evamp i spend several weeks camping tess for the snare whip wich was insane rare. but very nice for a paladin
Last edited by Arteker; 06-01-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so to sum it all, the mirrors in live where 7 all port you down to different lvl less one.

This last one was locked not working and elad for years to the theory of 8 floor key quest wich was used for the event i posted before and later disabled.

it was around 2005 or 2006 so alarti post dude is aswell puzled by the changes in the zone .

remember 7 floor so damm well because before chardok r evamp i spend several weeks camping tess for the snare whip wich was insane rare. but very nice for a paladin
I lived in tofs even when 60. The poster prob used inaccurate terminology there was def 7 mirror with one porting youto iceclad. By floor he prob means the room up a half flight of stairs which I wouldn't count as a separate floor as you didn't need a kep to 'port' into it
Old 06-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Mmmm, Velious! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Brimacombe
Old 06-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Banned

omg omg omg
Closed Thread