Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Banned

On mac it is 6.5-7mins.

Your argument is invalid. Camped two on eqmac in the past 18months.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

there are some oddities on EQMac.

random examples from my brief time there: on EQMac the Nybrights in LFay drop rusty weapons instead of bronze, and the spiderlings in Field of Bone are all single pulls.

idk why it's been treated as the holy grail of classicness. it wasn't totally classic itself.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:50 AM
Banned

Its more classic than 99.999999% of shit here thats wrong.

Id take its very (handful) of issues, and the rest as gospel before almost anyones word.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

today when i log i will be starting my 5th day straight camping him, not sure how many times exactly I've cleared the camp but its enough to have filled 6 backpacks full of bonechips nearly twice over
Old 11-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Large Bat

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On mac it is 6.5-7mins.

Your argument is invalid. Camped two on eqmac in the past 18months.
Okay, fine. Just logged onto live, headed over to SK, killed Grimrot PH and the two putrid skellies on either side of it. Two skeletons on either side re-popped after 6 minutes, PH still hasn't come back after 15 minutes of waiting. If I were a betting man, I'd wager it won't be up for a few more hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It seems highly unlikely that they would lengthen the spawn time since Classic, but feel free to make that argument. I don't know what more I can do to convince you.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno55 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, fine. Just logged onto live, headed over to SK, killed Grimrot PH and the two putrid skellies on either side of it. Two skeletons on either side re-popped after 6 minutes, PH still hasn't come back after 15 minutes of waiting. If I were a betting man, I'd wager it won't be up for a few more hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It seems highly unlikely that they would lengthen the spawn time since Classic, but feel free to make that argument. I don't know what more I can do to convince you.
The little platform with the 3 putrid skellies underneath it in a group will repop every 6 mins. Now I believe but I'm not for sure of this that there is a possible 4th that may be his PH that is on a much longer spawn time as suggested, but I am not 100% on this, but I do know that the 3 putrid skellies where he is supposed to spawn, will all repop every 6 mins.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a chance of seeing him every 7 minutes.
Nilbog are you referring to Grimrot spawning every 7 mins or his PH having a chance to spawn every 7 mins?

Also, all these classic posts about Putrid Skellies lying on the ground instead of standing is not what I see on my screen, all of them appear to be standing. Never seen one lying on the ground except in QH near UD rings.

This is on Red server btw, dunno how many people have actually seen both versions, but I finally was able to locate one individual who had managed to complete Aegis.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Large Bat

For reference, here is how it looks on Live, looking south from tree at north end of camp.
All circled spawns are putrid skeletons, the red circles are alive, lying on the ground, not PHs. The PH is the only one standing, directly under the platform.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethbringre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog are you referring to Grimrot spawning every 7 mins or his PH having a chance to spawn every 7 mins?
It's currently set for 7 mins, a putrid skeleton, or one of the Grimrots will spawn.

Quote:
Also, all these classic posts about Putrid Skellies lying on the ground instead of standing is not what I see on my screen, all of them appear to be standing. Never seen one lying on the ground except in QH near UD rings.
Fixed, pending update.

Also, next patch, the standing putrid skeleton ph will always have a rusty bastard sword.

Spent some time reading the links and research. It seems the spawn should be 3.2/3.3 hours long well after Luclin.

Before changing this, I'd like collaborative efforts/opinions on the % chance of live grimrot, dead grimrot, or his putrid skeleton placeholder.
Last edited by nilbog; 11-05-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Old 11-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spent some time reading the links and research. It seems the spawn should be 3.2/3.3 hours long well after Luclin.

Before changing this, I'd like collaborative efforts/opinions on the % chance of live grimrot, dead grimrot, or his putrid skeleton placeholder.
Here's a little bit of research on % chances of spawning Grimrot. I specifically looked for Alla comments that mention a ratio of PHs:Grimrots or Live:Undead.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...01769767246666
The most detailed post. He estimates about a 1:10 chance of seeing Grimrot, and he sees 3 Lives and 0 Undeads. He also has a lot to say about spawn times and day/night cycles. Worth a read.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...01810016680858
Saw 39 placeholders, 4 live grimrots, and 1 undead grimrot

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...01327634779116
Saw 2 Lives and 1 Undead (unknown # of phs)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...01186864523597
Saw 5 Lives and 1 Undead (unknown # of phs)

In addition, I went over to magelo to do a little math:
Putrid Skeleton page: http://eq.magelo.com/npc/11159
Grimrot page: http://eq.magelo.com/npc/412150

We can glean some valuable info from this. We know that every PH drops a Rusty Bastard Sword, so from the loot tables we can see that 27 PHs were killed (assuming no other skeletons dropped them). We also see that there were 3 Grimrot spawns (2 Live, 1 Undead). This data (27 phs, 2 live, 1 undead) supports the 1:10 PH:Grimrot theory.

Onto the question of the Live:Undead ratio. This I'm a little less confident about. Setting aside the discussion on day/night spawns, it seems pretty fair to say that Undead is more rare than Live. Now, there's not much data to work with, but if we combine the Live and Undead counts for each source mentioned above, we get 16 Lives and 4 Undeads.

This leaves the final spawn rate estimate as follows:

a putrid skeleton: 45/50
Grimrot Live: 4/50
Grimrot Undead: 1/50
Closed Thread