Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Default My proposal for Raiding guilds and GMs of P1999

Hello all!

The times are dire! We need changes on the raiding scene of the p1999, as soon as possible.

Here's a solution to the problems I've partly created. Please debate the rules I'm proposing in this thread in a civil manners. Any flames, personal attack or bad mouthing will result in whatever the GMs will do to you :P Hopefully something harsh and permanent.

I am proposing a rotation, with certain guidelines and rules to keep this somewhat competitive.

Here is the mobs that will be on rotation:
a dracoliche
Maestro of rancor
Cazic thule
Innoruuk
Lady vox
Lord nagafen
Lord dojorn

We will get all interested guild leaders or officers together to /random who will get the next spawns to start this rotation.

***Please debate this*** Spawn variance will stay in.

***Please debate this*** Guilds will have 2 hours to kill their target, any numbers of wipe is allowed.

***Please debate this*** Second shots on raid targets will be /randomed with guilds that has at least 20 people in the zone. You will not be allowed to /random on the next or 2(if 3 guilds contest a second shot) next spawns if you win a /random.

EXAMPLE: a dracoliche spawns, Divinity has 2 hours to kill it. They do not kill it within the 2 hours. 2 hour is up, Theres 20 dark ascension in the zone, 20 inglorious bastard and 20 remedy. DA /random 100 and gets 76, remedy rolls 50 and IB rolls a 0. DA gets one attempt at the raid mob, Remedy and IB will roll for the second shot again if they are both present at the next dracoliche. If only IB is there for the second shot of the next dracoliche, DA cannot random against them for it. They get the second shot by default(if IB ISNT present within 2 hours, otherwise DA can claim it)

It might sound complicated but it really isnt.

***Please debate this***Camping raid mobs for second shot isnt allowed, unless you're ACTIVELY clearing a plane for armor drops.

***Please debate this*** Cazic thule, You have 5 hours to kill him from spawn.

***Please debate this*** Other guild should timestamp spawns with enough proof of spawn. This is either with a screenshot of the raidmob with a /time in the chat window, or a screenshot of track and /time.

***Please debate this*** I want a rotation on plane of air. 3 days for each guild, depending on the spawn time of the Island bosses. I'm sure the GMs can provide that information so we can tailor rules around them.

So thats pretty much it -- I am certain I have forgotten to list rules. I am also certain we will need more rules to guide this rotation.

This is just a draft for rules, please debate in this thread on what you think needs to be changed.

These rules were made to keep a somewhat competitive environment and to let other less hardcore guild get shots at content. I hope you will all give your opinions on those rules. They also remove the need to camp mobs endlessly!

Hope you all like those ideas!

Nizzarr

Officer of Dark ascension
Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Kobold

I like this idea, nice job.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to regatta

veto
Old 06-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
***Please debate this*** Second shots on raid targets will be /randomed with guilds that has at least 20 people in the zone. You will not be allowed to /random on the next or 2(if 3 guilds contest a second shot) next spawns if you win a /random.
Seems to me there's no need for a second/third/... random if the guilds with players in zone have rolled and established an order of precidence based on their roll...

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

but but..rotation isn't classic!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like what you are doing and what you are saying. However i think that a rotation will only serve to temporarily solve the bigger picture. Content is too well known for it to be a progressive challenge to players on p1999.

I have two options/proposals to choose from.

FIRST OPTION

Project 1999 goes to a GM enforced raid rotation. Following Nizzarr's plan he has laid out. As players continue to level to 50 they will seek to be a part of the rotation.

Pros
  • Guilds given fair chance at raid content
  • No perma-camping
  • Less Server Drama

Cons
  • No true competition
  • It is not classic EQ
  • As guilds join the rotation it is possible for a guild to only see 1 raid target per month or LESS!

SECOND OPTION

Develop a second server with a GM enforced raid rotation on 7 day spawns while leaving Project 1999 as a FFA raid server for the crazy hardcore. The fact is that with the release of Kunark the problems of raid rotations will not become easier it will become much worse. If there is no willingness to change the spawn times and give every guild a fair shot at the content then you will still have players that are "disenfranchised" by the entire project. Opening a second server will relieve the pressure of so many players that know 110% of the content.

Pros
  • Guilds given fair chance at raid content
  • No perma-camping
  • Less Server Drama
  • Leaves a server for true die hard classic fanatics that desire to be "The best"
  • Could possibly bring back players that left because of raid drama

Cons
  • Split server could affect server populations
  • No competition (could be a pro)
  • Content parallels may not be 100% exact with regards to mob placement,quests, finite details.
  • Could be Financially hard to maintain two servers

While my idea and the pros and cons of each are not complete nor are they exhaustive i try and think ahead of the problem. Kunark and i honestly feel SoV will bring the server population to such a level that it will be a significant problem for players that have already done the content and simply want to experience the classic EQ feel.

I 100% support (both development and financially) the creation of a second server to give players the option between "Hardcore" and "Carebear (or Normal)".
Last edited by Supreme; 06-16-2010 at 11:28 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

rotation were very classic on my server, with 4 able raiding guilds, the same as there are here.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

I think everyone knows by now that I'm a pretty straight shooter, so here's exactly what I think.

I think we have been hearing about the "new sheriff" in town for several weeks. We've heard a lot of trash talk from a guild that recruited a huge zerg of anyone level 46 or over that has never killed more than 50% of bosses in a given cycle, despite turning the raid scene into the big sit. We've seen and taken screen shots of a DA officer training our raids. We've had DA leadership actively lie to a GM in order to receive an additional attempt.

If this proposal had come two or three weeks ago, there would still be many issues with it. I'm not an officer and I don't speak for my guild, but I don't expect many of us to welcome this proposal at all now.

From my perspective, I don't see a solid core to DA. I see a huge number of officers (10? 12? how many officers do you guys have?) trying to hold together a guild full of recent 50s with the highest turnover rate I've ever seen in an MMO guild. This proposal looks completely disingenuous to me. I think there is a rising dissent within DA from members who want to camp items from non-raid targets that they are missing, build some wealth on the server, develop alts and just have a good time. I think this negotiation comes from a position of increasing weakness.

Before DA, IB was like a conventional raid guild. We'd have our small tracking team (like me!) watching for raid targets while everyone did their thing, whether online or offline. When something popped, we'd let each other know, assemble and mobilize. We were good at it and many guilds discovered that they weren't as fast as we are. DA's leadership decided to eliminate mobilization from the equation with camping. Now we have a DA officer proposing rotation because they're tired of camping.

Here's the bottom line: from where I sit, it seems like DA thought a couple weeks of camping would destroy IB. Instead, it's destroying DA. It looks like a couple more weeks of camping 24/7 will return the server to raid strategies involving tracking and mobilization.

Just like classic EQ.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but but..rotation isn't classic!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually rotations were classic, what isn't classic is making them mandated and or governed by the server admins. As long as the respective guilds are the ones responsible for making and adhering to the agreements then its probably a good idea.

I say probably as I don't raid here yet, so I cant rule out any whack jobiness that exists here that didn't on live.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rotation were very classic on my server, with 4 able raiding guilds, the same as there are here.
I think there is actually about 7 or 8 guilds that can do all the content if given the chance...
Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

What if one of the guilds doesn't agree to the rotation and just comes in and Ganks all of you?

Rotation was taken out for a reason

Patch Day Respawns is where its at!
Closed Thread