Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Aviak

Default Wizard Races

Hey guys, I’m looking to create a wizard. I’ve never played one, and generally play as evil races but am open to others. With that said, what are race suggestions and advantages that I may or may not have thought of or considered? I will be semi-twinking it out from the start.

Thanks !

Ps if your quitting or retired your wizard on green and are interested in selling your gear for plat such me a message. A one stop shop would be awesome compared to sitting in EC or farming for hours.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Erudite

Or dark elf

(Some make a gnome, dunno why)
Old 08-03-2020, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Best stats including bonus magic resist is found on erudite.

Two good racial abilities on gnomes(looking through walls)and dark elves, who can hide.

The way most wizards solo, the hide ability will be far more useful make it safer to AFK between kills. Wizards rarely try soloing in dungeons where looking through walls is more useful. They also lack any lull abilities which you don't need line of sight for.

You will be night blind on an erudite for awhile, so that is something to keep in mind.

I think they are all about equally good depending on the criteria you want to include.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

FashionQuest is the endgame, therefore human wins.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Aviak

I would think, based on your post, dark elf is the way to go. You start with ultra vision so no need to keep that on a spell gem. And hide will be super useful for safe meds. You said you like evil, embrace it! However, if you don’t want to be evil ... erudite is the way to go stat wise. That huge mana pool feels real nice early. Even more so if you’re thinking. Guess it comes down to which one you like more! Gl
Old 08-03-2020, 10:22 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know what I'm talking about, but I always figured when I made a wizard it'd be a DE for hide and those long med breaks
Old 08-04-2020, 02:02 AM
Orc

The descendants of Erud are the masters of the arcane. If you wish to be most adept at the art of wizardry, follow the path of the Crimson Hand beginning in Erudin. (Erudites have the highest base int, which leaves more room for +hp, +mp, +resist gear while still having maximum int. Plus, you get a hood which is essential for a wizard.)
Old 08-04-2020, 05:36 AM
Aviak

Awesome, reads like it comes down to DE or Eru. With that said, does religion matter much to a wizzy?
Old 08-04-2020, 06:31 AM
Fire Giant

Sol Ro gives access to nice rings later on. High elf Tunare gives access to PoG only item quest. And Bert gives access to nice earring/neck(better version then Black sapphire).
Just know Bert will make you KoS to some areas, just like Tunare. Sol Ro seems to be more neutral.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Human best in slot.
Closed Thread