[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-31-2020, 03:14 PM
Banned

Old 07-31-2020, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Let me interject for a moment

What you guys are referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux. Thank you for taking your time to cooperate with with me, your friendly GNU+Linux neighbor, Richard Stallman.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:35 PM
Banned

cool post i didn’t read
Old 07-31-2020, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Old 07-31-2020, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pivo did Guard Lasen kill your shm?
Haven't created one yet. Haven't decided if I want to start one more.

That being said, interestingly, you saw my question, you know the answer and you decided not to answer/help, yet bringing this subject here. You are interesting person.

At our first encounter, you misunderstood my post, when I was just clarifying/trying to learn and you were quite toxic, considering I was new player just learning (well I still do) and asking question. I brushed it away, as you just probably had a bad day.

With this second 'our encounter' I see, or you are having a beef with me (lol why, it is just a game) or you are a little bit less pleasant person, you otherwise portrait yourself to be.

So here is a rant: Baler is a jerk

Btw, in the future, you can avoid answering to me, from now on, I can care less for your 'contributions'. If this forum would have ignore button, I would use it now. That being said, I have a feeling, I will hear more from you in the future... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(now, for everyone else, I may have started slow in this thread, but I did finish with the rant, gotta give me a credit lol)
Old 07-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At our first encounter, you misunderstood my post, when I was just clarifying/trying to learn and you were quite toxic, considering I was new player just learning (well I still do) and asking question. I brushed it away, as you just probably had a bad day.
Thinking now again, why would seasoned player, respond like you did, on honest beginner question? (where I didn't reveal no names, just wanted to clarify situation).

Why would this same person, since then only interact with me in negative way?

Could it be, Baller, I hit the nerve? Could it be, you were that higher level player, taking advantage of beginner in game? Just a speculation from my side, but it would sure make sense, based on how you behave toward me since then.

Nuff said, this time is really end of rant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread