Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 01:26 PM
Large Bat

There's a lot of spots that come to mind, but a few stand out as particularly frustrating areas:

Halls of Testing; If you are pulling a wurm from distance there is a chance that the wurm will start glitching out and swim through the ceilings and floors before finally jumping on top of you. Really difficult to time FD when you can't see the mob you are pulling.

Entropy Serpents at the DN rat tunnel entrance; A single entropy serpent will warp through the ceiling of the Vilefang room to the entrance of the rat tunnel in DN, then will path all the way down to the pool before repeating the sequence again. This has messed my Vilefang pulls a number of times. I aggro all the entropy serpents and start running them out of the tunnel, just to get blinded by the bugged snek.

Kael Drakkael; There are 3 or more spots where pathing is impossible to control: Vindi bridge, ramp to see-invis and ramp to 4-way from WL (might be others, these are the ones that are known to me). Pulling anything from statue to gkrean to vindi is very challenging when the mob of interest is bugged but a few other mobs get through the spot and start smashing you. If you start running away from certain death, the target mob cannot calculate a path to you and will remain bugged.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Banned

Project 1999: 2nd Quest
Old 08-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

IF anyone has pathing data from 1999-2001 submit it to the staff.

I know for a fact 'some' people had bits and pieces of this data during those years.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Banned

there's a few pathing exploits that dont work here that did on live, all i can say
Old 08-03-2020, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's a few pathing exploits that dont work here that did on live, all i can say
THEY GOD DAMN SHOULD

How can we relive the classic experience without a pure pathing experience!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Was it wrong of me to strafe from the catwalk to the ledge at the moat every other cast? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Bad pathing is what I remember from classic.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

:imagine: bashing a dev who is working for free, because your guild used a known pathing bug to try to preslow statue , super cringe
Old 08-03-2020, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bad pathing is what I remember from classic.
I think overall the pathing might be better here than in classic. On Sol Ro, MM was a ghost town, because the pathing was so egregious. CT was pretty bad as well, though more manageable.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Banned

I just tried doing Perma with my pet, and it's not really doable. He just randomly disappears and aggros the entire zone for no apparent reason. After gating 3 times I kind of came to the conclusion that this isn't a zone worth investing my time into (it takes a lot time to run back out there and a lot of mana to re-summon a pet every time).
Closed Thread