Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-27-2023, 06:26 PM
Skeleton

Default I gave it a good try.

Was a lot of fun for a minute. However, I have now been playing 3 days, over 26 total hours so far...

and Ive hit my limit. As a warrior, there is no such thing as soloing. There's NO groups, none. No, I dont wanna hear about how there are all kinds of groups in X zone at X level. Im level 11. There are no groups. The only reason Ive even managed to get to 10 is because of kind souls in the tunnel tossing me buffs once in a while in the tunnel. Ive even managed to scrape enough hides together (along with the kindness of several strangers) to have a few actual gear pieces.

Its just not feasible or viable to continue. A consistant search of /who LFG 1 20 has put up on average of about 3 people during the entire weekend. Im 11. So Ive got no groups till at least 20.. and no way to get any form of gear or armor without the grouping this game was based on. Even if I DO manage to scrape a group together (I did yesterday for about 3 hours. It was amazing. One group for 3 hours in 28 hours of playtime..) I honestly am 100% more a burden to a bunch of twink alts than I am a help.. and I just repeatedly died to the point I left so I would stop dragging everyone else down. It was both humiliating and depressing at the same time.

And no. I do NOT want to "Solo it." on ANY class. Soloing is not why I play an MMORPG. If I wanna do nothing but Solo.. I'll load up Baldurs Gate 3 or something. I played EQ for the social aspects. Leveling together with a group of strangers that become friends over the course of the days/weeks. That's just not what this is.

I couldnt even fight a blue caimen today at level 11.. nobody around to group with for help, no other players around to ask for assistance... its just barren, empty space, zone after zone outside the commons tunnel and the commons druid ring. I've never been around this many people and felt so alone in my entire gaming life.

I gave it a good try, and it was nice for a while.. but not clearly not what Im looking for long term. Thanks for the help from those that gave it. It really was appreciated.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Hi dude. Yeah, both blue and green are getting to the point where they're pretty top heavy, blue moreso than green. It's still very possible to level from the start, but only if you already know people (from TLPs, or a guild's discord, etc) in game or out of game. If you tried blue, consider green. If this happened on green, yeah, sorry.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

You should have started with a caster.

Warriors are for twinks.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Understandable OP. P99 was an absolute riot when you could reliably group from 4-60 even at odd hours; had more fun here than on live even. Keep an eye out for a new server, if it ever happens. Will happily hit orc highway with you.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:29 PM
Banned

26 hrs is a good amount of EQ to have played in ur lifetime if the Lord has something else in store for u

don't feel bad
Old 08-27-2023, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

All you can do is hope that they will release another new server and start with classic again one day soon. It'll happen, we just don't know when.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Or use the forums/this thread and coordinate through discord to set up a static group that levels the same time on specific days/nights. You'd have your pick of zones and camps on each of the continents. Granted, crowded zones can be fun but the emptier, the easier it will be to learn them with a group.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for trying us out.

Anyone else having issues finding groups needs to consider / all 1 20 lfg is never going to find them groups, but people without groups.

To find groups try / all 1 20 (with out the lfg tag) and look for patterns of people at similar levels in the same zone: there is a good chance they are a group!

Something i find effective to get an invite as a tank is to send a tell to the healer asking whether they’d like a warrior as a back up tank in case the main tank has an emergency.

The other effective strategy is just to turn up at the camp, declare lfg and say you’d like qn invite if there is a space in group.

Anyway farewell op. Thanks again for trying us out and good luck to any other new players browsing this thread.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-28-2023, 01:11 PM
Orc

Project Quarm releases oct 1. Go there if you wanna start fresh.
Meezak 9 Ogre Necromancer <Ancient Blood>
--------------------------------------------------------------
Green: INACTIVE
Blue: INACTIVE
Red: INACTIVE

Quarm is love Quarm is life
Old 08-28-2023, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Ya, that's why I don't play here anymore. The endgame doesn't interest me and the rest of the game is dead or dominated by twinks/powerlevelers. I just drop in to read the forums once in a while. Not even sure why I do that really.

P99 was a lot of fun when it was new and for a few years but....you know. Someone said to watch for them opening a new server but I don't think that would even be much good. The last time I tried to play was when they opened the green server and it was just depressing for me. Everyone I grouped with was obsessed with leveling as fast as possible and they all knew every little trick and gimmick with the game. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with that but for someone like me it sucks the fun out of the game.

I would say your best bet is to check out Monsters and Memories and play that if/when it releases.