Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a guildwar under this system?
I enjoy PvP and would like this system. 126 64.29%
I enjoy PvP but I don't like this system. 14 7.14%
I don't like PvP. 56 28.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned

You guys are losing site of what this idea is all about. This light versus dark unguilded idea was just for the people who are not in guilds. The option for guilds to declare war on each other still stands. You guys are complicating it way too much.

If you have friends and want to play with them Sarkov, then don't join the light or dark guild for loners. You can be in a guild with your friends and do whatever you want.

Everything Rogean has talked about is with choice and doesn't force anything.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the generic light and dark guilds that are in a state of perma-war, but I would still like to see all guilds get the option of participating in a guild war.

The number of unguilded players over level 30 probably isn't huge, and of those the number who would want to pvp is guaranteed to be smaller. Divide that in half and you could end up with very low numbers for the generic light/dark guilds.

I also think the 5 minute 'no outside help' flag is a good compromise. I would hope that if you join a group and your guild is at war you would inform your group mates that you could be attacked. That or just group with guildies.

One thing I do see as a problem...since it sounds like you get PVP flagged the moment you make an offensive action towards an enemy, does that mean a cleric trying to help a guildie has to waste mana on a nuke or take a swing at someone before they can start healing their guild mate?
I think the teams should be 'open' - because many never took that into consideration when joining a guild or whatever. The guild tag will clarify which team you are on. That would also allow both teams to have any class. Bards on both sides, etc. Could still be good vs. evil concept if you want. Would allow people to 'RP' to whatever degree they want with that too.

And maybe most over 30 have a guild, but I suspect many will do up twinks/alts purely for PvP.

Might need to - some guilds may not be too keen on /reguilding people all the time because they want to drop to the generic PvP guild.

I think the main thing to allow a smooth operation is somehow allowing these 'default' guilds to engage in combat with other guilds that are in a state of 'guildwar'.

Hmmm - or is it better to restrict a /guildwar between *just* two guilds?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are losing site of what this idea is all about. This light versus dark unguilded idea was just for the people who are not in guilds. The option for guilds to declare war on each other still stands. You guys are complicating it way too much.

If you have friends and want to play with them Sarkov, then don't join the light or dark guild for loners. You can be in a guild with your friends and do whatever you want.

Everything Rogean has talked about is with choice and doesn't force anything.
Yeah that too - at it's most simple to implement point..

It would be JUST the two loner guilds vs. each other and other guilds at war with each other.

Although.. couldn't a guildleader petition or whatever to put themselves at war with the loner guilds? Would make it a guild based choice then.

That would then allow two guilds to be at war with just each other and not have to worry about asshats in the 'loner' guilds coming in to solely gank healers during a raid. Rangers on the clerics can be a very bad thing, lol.

A total PvP guild would want to be at war with everyone, all the time, lol.
That all might be the easiest answer.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

I like it but I don't think it's a good idea to be able to target ANY member of ANY guild and use the guildwar command. The leader of that guild could potentially be spammed with "Do you want to go to war" messages by another guild leader. People could abuse the system. Perhaps one leader has to target another leader to initiate?

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't like it. I don't like PvP AT ALL in EQ. IMO, the game is not designed for it, period. I don't have a problem with other people choosing to PvP, but I don't like it being forced on me in any way whatsoever. PvP should NEVER be anything but completely voluntary, and changing that on a server that's already established is wrong, IMO.

With this system, I have limited choices: I can either not be guilded, or find a guild where everyone else also dislikes PvP, such that they would never accept a /guildwar. OR- find a guild that would agree to re-invite those who choose not to participate once the war is over.

This system WOULD force PvP on people that didn't want it, or else force them to /guildremove. The only acceptable solution I can see that would allow this not to force PvP on the unwilling would be to give each guild member a choice to "opt out" of the guild war. This would have to be a one-time choice that would stay in effect for the entire duration of the war in order to keep people from exploiting it, which would be just fine with me.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't like it. I don't like PvP AT ALL in EQ. IMO, the game is not designed for it, period. I don't have a problem with other people choosing to PvP, but I don't like it being forced on me in any way whatsoever. PvP should NEVER be anything but completely voluntary, and changing that on a server that's already established is wrong, IMO.

With this system, I have limited choices: I can either not be guilded, or find a guild where everyone else also dislikes PvP, such that they would never accept a /guildwar. OR- find a guild that would agree to re-invite those who choose not to participate once the war is over.

This system WOULD force PvP on people that didn't want it, or else force them to /guildremove. The only acceptable solution I can see that would allow this not to force PvP on the unwilling would be to give each guild member a choice to "opt out" of the guild war. This would have to be a one-time choice that would stay in effect for the entire duration of the war in order to keep people from exploiting it, which would be just fine with me.
Please, man. Do you think this is being forced on you? Do you really think most of the guilds will signup for it? You realize BOTH guilds have to agree to sign up for it.

I understand your compromise, though. Perhaps a better option would be just to have a guild rank for PvP, so people like you don't have to worry about it while other guildies go out and kill people.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If your guild leader forces your guild into a war with another guild when there are members who don't want to be involved in PVP then you probably don't want to be a part of that guild anyway, no?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by internalprime8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your guild leader forces your guild into a war with another guild when there are members who don't want to be involved in PVP then you probably don't want to be a part of that guild anyway, no?
I suspect there will be plenty of non-PvP guilds.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Kobold

i don't think good v evil is a good idea, one side will end up being stacked more than the other, granted even if we just do the /guildwar there is still the chance of one guild being more stacked than the other. really no way to prevent this unless you make a few PvP only guilds, ones that are always PVP with each other.
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

Its ridiculous the fear that some people have. Its selfish to complain about having a system like this for pvp. For how many blue servers there were compared to the few pvp servers it really shows what type of players are loyal to EQ and have come back after all these years. There are so many pvpers on this server, the voting is 110 to 44 pro pvp right now.

This is just a small taste of what classic Everquest was to us, since it looks like most of us came from a pvp back ground, and people like Tallenn can't stop bitching. Don't worry your game wont change, you can still do what you do now. In fact this will help you out because the stuff you will want to do will be more open since others will be occupied.

If all of your friends/guildies want to do something that you don't, you want them to suffer and do what you want to do? Maybe you should go find a guild/friends that like the same stuff as you instead of making people do what you want. If your guild would be excited about this as a whole and it would make the game more fun for them, you are an ass for trying to squash it.

Most of the guilds will not switch over, I promise you that. It will most likely be alt guilds created after this new rule comes to order. There may be a few guild wars among guild rivals that last a short time, but if you can't get involved in your guilds rivalry between another guild for a couple of days then you aren't a good member. The big guilds will still have raiding as their top priority and will not risk getting killed by players during a raid.

I'm guessing you have people just like you in your current guild Tallenn, you don't have to worry about it converting.

To Jyaku, who cares if the numbers are uneven in a loner pvp npc guild. You are in it to pvp, if you are outnumbered thats actually better. If you are on a side and realize there are no targets because you are all on the same side.. people will switch naturally. Its not like the two npc made guilds are going to be organized dominating the other.
Last edited by HippoNipple; 09-03-2010 at 01:56 PM..
Closed Thread