Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only poors RMTing

Hope this helps
Old 07-26-2019, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

I wish they posted the full RMT list to name and shame for a laugh
Old 07-27-2019, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant49333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish they posted the full RMT list to name and shame for a laugh
Actually shocked they don't.

On Live, the server GM's were ruthless and would openly mock after banning "big names" on the server for breaking the rules (hacking usually on Live)

Would probably prevent some of the bigger names caught in RMT from partaking, since we know online reputation means a lot to some of these people.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually shocked they don't.

On Live, the server GM's were ruthless and would openly mock after banning "big names" on the server for breaking the rules (hacking usually on Live)

Would probably prevent some of the bigger names caught in RMT from partaking, since we know online reputation means a lot to some of these people.
On live forum if you even mention another character's name you're suspended.

They could be hacking and caught on camera, but you'll eat the ban if you bring it up for discussion.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 07-27-2019, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live forum if you even mention another character's name you're suspended.

They could be hacking and caught on camera, but you'll eat the ban if you bring it up for discussion.
I don't know how it is now, but I'm talking pre-2006/2007ish
Old 07-27-2019, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

I just found this out today, really sad, Alleriah was nice to me and helpful friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2019, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just found this out today, really sad, Alleriah was nice to me and helpful friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/aGWQYgZZEEQ
Old 07-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like someone doesn't raid.
Sounds like someone has some good sense about them.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bells of justice rings. Thanks to the Undertaker who swings the mallet.

#NotClassic #DONGGG #MakingP99GreatAgain
Not a defender of RMT by any means, but it is inaccurate to suggest it isn't classic. EQ items were being ebayed from shortly after launch, leading to the various articles and academic papers about how the EQ economy was situated somewhere between Bulgaria and Russia in terms of GDP - e.g. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/1899420.stm Anecdotally, I met a guy at a party at U of M in 2001 who claimed to have made >$100k ebaying fbss' in the early days when he could charge $3k a pop. Probably an empty boast but not impossible...

Then, as I understand it, the plat to dollar conversion plummeted after the whole rog dev/fake banker in befallen scandal. https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...befallen.4337/

Prohibiting RMT is definitely better for the game, but there are those moments when I think about the time I spend farming guards for my fungi as contrasted with my billable rate in the real world. I have to take a second and remind myself that I actually enjoyed smashing guards, or the napkin math would be seriously depressing.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've spent countless hours with Llandris recently tracking down buyers and sellers.
Thank you for all the hard work, for giggles posting a hit list in the future with names would make it all the more sweater.