Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

good to know

As far as MQ'ing monk epic, I read through it and it seems I could get 'Immortals' from Skyfire, turn it in to Danl in Erudin to get 'Danl's Reference' then MQ with someone with Robe of the Whistling Fists and my Danl Reference to get 'Celestial Fists (book)'

Once I have 'Celestial Fists (book)' I could get a Demon Fangs MQ and get epic.

Is that accurate?
Old 07-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Kill brother zephyl with 4 friends for the robe, waiting for a robe of the whistling fists MQ will take ages (and cost you like 20k)
Old 07-30-2019, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

I'm OK with the cost - might take me 6 months overall. Fine with that. Wondering if what I said in my post above is possible. couldn't tell for sure from the wiki guide. I'd basically get 'Immortals', pay 60K ish, and get epic if that would work
Old 07-30-2019, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

blam stick primary, sceptre of mastery offhand
Old 07-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blam stick primary, sceptre of mastery offhand
whats the dps comparison for blam/som to epic/som?
Old 07-30-2019, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blam wins big
Old 07-30-2019, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
depends on mob AC

super high AC = just hitting often and getting 11 added damage * a lot of times wins

blue trash mobs = blam blam blam

I don't have a blam stick or epic on my monk but I simmed it with a hacked up excel sheet while on call for work so I'll defer to any monk with in game experience on raids
Quote:
I'm OK with the cost - might take me 6 months overall. Fine with that. Wondering if what I said in my post above is possible. couldn't tell for sure from the wiki guide. I'd basically get 'Immortals', pay 60K ish, and get epic if that would work
Or join a raiding guild, get to lv50+, gank bro Z (hes almost always up and not a rare spawn), MQ 2 pipes for like 10k total, ask someone doing skyfire nameds for spells for an immortal book, and ask 4-5 bored raiders nicely to help you with the fights

If you have a group willing to help you can literally do the entire epic aside from the pipes in one or two days
Last edited by fortior; 07-30-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Old 07-30-2019, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

Personally I’m stuck playing semi-afk all the time so guild won’t be happening for me. I am curious to find out if I have immortals then mq for robe then mq demon fangs if that will work.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Orc

Even on blue trash (e.g. in KC), at 57/58 my experience has been that epic fist is better than blam more often than not. When blam lands for double 165's a few times in a row, it feels awesome, but that is the exception rather than the rule. Epic fist spam is much more constant dps.

Parses by guildies and others posted here (see, e.g. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=22 ), seem to bear this out. Still a nice item and a fun 0 weight toy for monks, but fist is where it's at until raid quality weapons.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:56 PM
Kobold

On Live I could never truly solo on my monk until I got a t-staff. I didn't get epic (only ROLC) until I came back many years later on free-to-play and got him up to 80 where I solo'd it. Ripostes killed me when dual wielding.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Closed Thread