Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Remove Agimat's pics?
Yes, make room for pics of my Main modelling every item people want 18 16.51%
No, i enjoy looking at this guy every time I search for jboots, fungi, or mana robe 40 36.70%
Bush/towers 22 20.18%
Removing the pet window was not in the classic time line 29 26.61%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 11:07 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast majority were the latter.

The (temporary) suspension was only because of a couple of replacements (and after I went through his whole change list I realized that one of those replacements was actually of his own image, so I think he only replaced someone else's image once).
in behalf of some we apoligize to Agimat.

What you are doing is good.

i will help build that Agimat shrine.

p99 is a community and thanks for your contributions.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Agimat is doing what Filbus Furycuck and myself had only wished we thought of. I salute you sir Agimat. May you live forever in the anals of EQ lore.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-10-2019, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

I mean, if only one pic violated the rules, let that one be removed; meanwhile, all the others can stay. If no one else has bothered to upload pics, then we can thank Agimat for providing at least something. If we want to see a wiki with more diverse images, we can all upload one or more. Is this not the most logical response?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agimat is doing what Filbus Furycuck and myself had only wished we thought of. I salute you sir Agimat. May you live forever in the anals of EQ lore.
lmao, annals.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Done: https://wiki.project1999.com/P99_Everquest:Image_Policy

Would very much appreciate feedback if anyone has any.
First off - a big belated thanks for all the work you do on the wiki Loramin. I'm mostly a lurker on these forums, but I use the wiki all the time and probably would never have become a p99 regular without having it as a constant resource.

With respect to pics on individual item pages, I share Jibartik's feeling that they would be extremely helpful. When looking stuff up, I suspect a lot of us simply type into google: "p99 [item name]" and link straight to that page when trying to quickly decide whether to buy something. Having an image right there waiting for me would be a huge value add as a long time casual. I have spent more time than I care to admit fishing around on google images and Zam trying to figure out what something is going to look like only to guess wrong. Otherwise, I think the Policy is sound. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, if only one pic violated the rules, let that one be removed; meanwhile, all the others can stay. If no one else has bothered to upload pics, then we can thank Agimat for providing at least something. If we want to see a wiki with more diverse images, we can all upload one or more. Is this not the most logical response?
This is what happened.

I reverted the one image he changed of someone else, and gave him a temp suspension NOT because he was "in trouble", but because this is my policy (and the informal wiki one as well I think). Whenever I find anyone "breaking the wiki rules", my assumption isn't that they are evil people trying to hurt the wiki: it's just that they didn't know about a rule. So it seems like the fairest thing to do is just "put them on pause" for a moment so I can communicate the rules to them.

As soon as they communicate back something to the effect of "I didn't know that rule, but I do now and will follow it", their account will be restored and they can go back to doing the great work they were doing for the wiki.

But at no point was any of their previous work undone, except the replaced image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off - a big belated thanks for all the work you do on the wiki Loramin. I'm mostly a lurker on these forums, but I use the wiki all the time and probably would never have become a p99 regular without having it as a constant resource.

With respect to pics on individual item pages, I share Jibartik's feeling that they would be extremely helpful. When looking stuff up, I suspect a lot of us simply type into google: "p99 [item name]" and link straight to that page when trying to quickly decide whether to buy something. Having an image right there waiting for me would be a huge value add as a long time casual. I have spent more time than I care to admit fishing around on google images and Zam trying to figure out what something is going to look like only to guess wrong. Otherwise, I think the Policy is sound. Thanks.
I hear you (and appreciate the collaborative tone!)

I should have made it clearer in my reply to Jibarik: this is now "on my radar". I have a life outside the wiki, and I have a lot of "irons in the fire" also, so I can't promise that I'll have it tomorrow or anything ... but when I find time I'll be adding code to display the "Fashion Show" images from a an item's 1-2 fashion category pages on the item page itself.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

You do The Tribunal proud Loramin!
Old 09-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Orc

Quote:
This is what happened.

I hear you (and appreciate the collaborative tone!)

I should have made it clearer in my reply to Jibarik: this is now "on my radar". I have a life outside the wiki, and I have a lot of "irons in the fire" also, so I can't promise that I'll have it tomorrow or anything ... but when I find time I'll be adding code to display the "Fashion Show" images from a an item's 1-2 fashion category pages on the item page itself.
I see now - that makes perfect sense! Thanks again - and to Agimat for getting this particular ball rolling.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

It starts with 1...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-10-2019, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

I had to do 3 tutorials on youtube to learn how to do this I hope my employer is happy.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread