Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Combat regen paragraph script trick is dumb AF
no way was it intended to be classic
Better get diS but squASheD foR greEN
**Coming from a melee
Good post. The retArd's words are true.WARRIORS need not exploit crutches such as this, here, foregoing stuff.

I'll be going now.

*looks around for the door to Old Gukta*
Old 10-04-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
classic eq is not for everyone.

Blue becomes classic inspired server, why need a discipline or proc when you can have a cleric mercenary follow you around. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yep.
From combat bind wounds (which was both unclassic and barely even useful) to "something equivalent but classic-feeling that lets melees barely solo" to ... mercenaries.

Kind of a big leap there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From combat bind wounds (which was both unclassic and barely even useful) to "something equivalent but classic-feeling that lets melees barely solo" to ... mercenaries.

Kind of a big leap there.
is it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say, the one thing that makes me sad about it is that it reduces melee soloing ability, and meles are already screwed relative to casters on that front, so they don't need further screwing. But ... classic.

Maybe custom content will give melee some way to solo? Although I have a hard time envisioning any such mechanism that would "feel classic" ...
Soloing is bad for the soul and atmosphere of the game.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I 100% agree that the social part is a HUGE component of "the soul of classic EverQuest" ... but I also think it'd be 100% incorrect to ignore that soloing is a fundamental part of that game also.

I soloed a ton back in 2001 (while also joining groups and a guild; playing antisocially sometimes doesn't mean you never interact with the larger "social" world). Shit's classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I like the thought, but Warriors casting would be clearly wrong. Still, you could do something similar with like a custom level 10 discipline, or a proc or clicky on a custom item.
Yeah a clicky pocket item for melees would be cool to quest for, like maybe the fist icon graphic for the warrior and its like, in the quest you dig up some hand bones from an old arena gladiator warriors grave who killed hundreds of orcs on his own for thousands of crowds and won his freedom only to die a hermit and in your battles you give him new glory. For the rogue maybe a gnomish tinker quest to get that little locket that gives you a time stun proc haha Not enough quests take other races into akanon! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree that soloing is bad, I primarily solo, but when someone wants to join I always invite them!

But I like to solo because I can do weird things that are fun for me while still offering progression. Not like, solo farm stuff everyone else likes to group farm, yuck. For that Im all about grouping! I love grouping! But my primary play-style is on my own due to my sporadic playtime.

But yeah I agree people that solo commonly grouped content can create some unfun scenarios for others hehe
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-04-2019 at 02:15 PM..
Old 10-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think that [iksar] monks shouldn't be able to wear fungus tunics /shrug
Fixt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Kinda a prereq for humans.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah a clicky pocket item for melees would be cool to quest for
It's not entirely unprecedented, as http://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Forged_Shackles were classic (Velious).

They're certainly no JBB, or even a real viable way for melees to solo, but they were kind of a step in that direction (in the sense that they gave mana-free clicky DPS to melees ... just not enough to really matter.)

Maybe something like that gives a small amount of healing instead? There are BPs with clicks kind of like that right (but again, they're limited)?

It's definitely an uphill battle to try and imagine something like that that would feel classic.

Last edited by loramin; 10-04-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Old 10-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's not entirely unprecedented, as http://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Forged_Shackles were classic (Velious).

They're certainly no JBB, or even a real viable way for melees to solo, but they were kind of a step in that direction (in the sense that they gave mana-free clicky DPS to melees ... just not enough to really matter.)

Maybe something like that gives a small amount of healing instead? There are BPs with clicks kind of like that right (but again, they're limited)?

It's definitely an uphill battle to try and imagine something like that that would feel classic.
Haha I remember when I first saw those shackles, I was like, THE POWER but was pretty disappointing.

Yeah I think I just want more epic quest level quests for various items. Getting an epic quest for a cool utility item for each class would be pretty fun just as an aside.

It'd be fun if there was an epic quests for like every inventory slot, and like a full set would basically set you up to be like a BIS raider. Would be neat in another life to have thousands of hours of epic group/raid quests to do for my character haha

We're in our own world now.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2019, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I thought Iksar couldn't use it because it was plate (though they can equip most plate on Velious)

But now I see Iksar and the Large races can't...

More Berenstein.
Closed Thread