Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 02:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone was great and worked together, well except one cleric who refused to in order to save his frog faction.. so the end tail of it was difficult since he was in #2 spot and refused to help. We had people coming in and out, so that was helpful, and then the druid (he toggled between 3 and 4) had a friend come, so spawn to spawn I did not know if we would have enough. Thanks to all of those before and after me.
Glimrock? Yah that guy is super selfish. Word is that he's at the #1 spot right now, and he's still refusing to touch the mob to "preserve his faction" lol.

Honestly, I think he should be petitioned, GM should watch for a couple cycles, and then GM should drag him away from the camp to pull him out of the list.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:10 AM
Kobold

Much agreed, yes it was him. I felt bad and let him leach until the last few hours, group members were so fed up with him. So I finally kicked him tonight. I think i kept him in there thinking that when he got to #2 he would help, and I was too tired to deal. But, even in #2 he would not help. The druid said, what if I refuse to help you? And he said, well I can't kill it by myself. I do not understand his logic, but yes, pure selfishness. His inaction did not look favorably upon him.

Not sure much can be done, it's the way it was designed and working as intended. However after experiencing this kind of camp and list, I would prefer if the list members needed to be participants. Not sure how it could be implemented.
Last edited by Ataria; 11-17-2019 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: clarity- and so many typos. Tired.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Much agreed, yes it was him. I felt bad and let him leach until the last few hours, group members were so fed up with him. So I finally kicked him tonight. I think i kept him in there thinking that when he got to #2 he would help, and I was too tired to deal. But, even in #2 he would not help. The druid said, what if I refuse to help you? And he said, well I can't kill it by myself. I do not understand his logic, but yes, pure selfishness. His inaction did not look favorably upon him, and thus his guild he represents.

Not sure much can be done, it's the way it was designed and working as intended. However after experiencing this kind of camp and list, I do feel the list members need to be participants. Not sure how it could be implemented, but seems to be an issue.
That's just pure sociopathy right there, it sounds like. Total inability to see things from other peoples' point of view.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:20 AM
Sarnak

So do you have to shit in less than 6 minutes to avoid missing an afk check at this camp? I heard the afk check can be as short as 6 minute intervals.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So do you have to shit in less than 6 minutes to avoid missing an afk check at this camp? I heard the afk check can be as short as 6 minute intervals.
yeah, brand new pack of poopsocks each time.

Kidding.

No, you just need to press the button before the next one pops which is 6-12 mins. I had a timer set for 8 mins. Some had their timer set for 10.

Clicking the button not a big deal. The psychological duress of did I get it in time? Did I miss it? Constantly typing /list was the anxiety catalyst.
Last edited by Ataria; 11-17-2019 at 02:27 AM..
Old 11-17-2019, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM should watch for a couple cycles, and then GM should drag him away from the camp to pull him out of the list.
Preferably the moment EE pops
Old 11-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Success, I rec'd my manastone this evening.
Congratulations. I'm glad you made it through.

Quote:
All in all, I went from #10 to #1 spot in about 2 days and 22 hours. In that time, was about 5 stones, first one being shortly after I arrives, and ending with my drop. The rest of the spots were due to missed afk checks etc.
So you were there 70 hours total. And you say during those 70 hours, 5 manastones dropped; so during that segment of time, it was an average of 14 hours per stone. That sounds pretty standard from what I've read and seen.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Everyone was great and worked together, well except one cleric who refused to in order to save his frog faction.. so the end tail of it was difficult since he was in #2 spot and refused to help.
This guy was willing to risk his chance at a manastone to preserve live frog faction? That seems like a wacky prioritization.

In fact, it's so unreasonable it makes me suspicious. Is there another reason this guy didn't want to participate in fights or even become KOS? Was he playing another server at the same time? Watching remotely with some software so all he could do was click boxes and not actually play the game? Perhaps GMs ought to look at this guy.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

its wacky for sure, but that whole area sans 1 basilisk and 1 undead frog right at the liveside entrance are all on live frog faction, including the minotaurs and EE himself

if the cleric has long-term plans to camp the manastone every week, i guess that would be motivation enough to maintain faction

a couple of cloudy pots would suffice at getting to the camp though. no real need for faction in that hypothetical
Old 11-17-2019, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Exactly, bubur. Spend 100p on cloudy potions so you can get a priceless manastone on a cleric? Yes. Risk your own and others' place on the manastone list so you don't have to use invis to get into Lower Guk? Ridiculous.

And I do hope, for his sake and everyone else's, that this guy doesn't get on the manastone list over and over again without helping kill a single mob.
Closed Thread