Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

I do remember that being mentioned that the quest was implemented differently but not from a dev or GM:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=Thex+Dagger

Once I saw that it was only doable by paladins I didn't even bother to try it.
Again, I am not finding any post from the devs mentioning the fix.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfighter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we couldn't get it because it was bugged
This is completely incorrect.

I finished the Thex Dagger quest first to my knowledge, and I only attempted it because of Aeolwinds continued insistence that it worked (available for public viewing). The fact that I only tried this late in the game is because I thought it wasn't able to be finished. However, when I really put feet to ground I found out that it was in fact completable. ANYONE could have obtained Thex dagger at ANY time until the most recent patch.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

I got 1k pp that Ulrich = Tiki btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Well it was fixed 3 times. I have the petitions and answers from gms "nilbog" stating It was not working. I was refunded items once. Than I just collected the items and tried the last turn in after each patch. About 4 weeks ago it was working for my character. Your character may have gotten it to work months before that. It might have worked for a rogue sneaking for the hand ins. But handing in the fish food didn't even spawn Princess Lenya at ally faction.

If I showed the thread that stated where it was the shield of silent watch quest. It shows all the items that will be taken out and at what time until the end of velious.

The quest was working for the last month is all I know. But I do wonder how many are on the server even though they are still scarce and worth a fortune.

Lets get back to buying my dagger! 100k < something for the level 50's that have everything else to save up for. First 100k gets it. The value will only go up overtime. Cmon my shaman's alchemy could use the skill ups. Maybe get from 80-120 skill in alchemy with 100k.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by ulrich; 02-16-2010 at 03:38 PM..
Old 02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Lol so a quest was giving out the wrong reward and everyone presumed it was broken even at that, so now people have items that are a result from a bug and are selling it for extreme amounts?

Did I get that right? This thread was hard to follow.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

No the quest was not giving out any rewards.

It was broken in 3 places and you couldn't continue unless you were a paladin or a rogue?<.

It was working for the past month for every class not just paladins, but if they announced it everyone would of done it.If you would of done the quest and/or petitioned at the bugged parts. I'm sure the Devs would of informed you they were working on it and to keep trying obviously after patches.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Still seems really shady to me to have stealth items in broken quest lines for a limited time and then stealth nerfed. *shrug*
Old 02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Maybe the GMs only wanted 10* daggers on the server and at the point of the patch on Sunday there was ~10 on the server so they removed it with the patch.

Makes more sense than black helicopters and secret GM activities.

*random number, could have been anything.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Orc

Haha. Isn't 'the GMs wanted only X amount of daggers on the server' the very definition of a secret GM activity?

Why limit Thex Daggers and not some of the other used-to-be-rare items, though? Is it because they potentially have more use later on? If it's about the item's stats being too strong, then they shouldn't be here at all. It's not like this is an item dropping off a raid boss only a few people are able to even kill.

Even if the GMs wanted to limit this (which seems to be the case in some form or another), why not admit to it and explain? This is a ridiculously roundabout way of doing things.
Closed Thread