Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Skeleton

Default Newbie suggestions

I have known about p99 for a few years and was mildly interested in it. Recently I decided to install it Just for the nostalgia and found myself really excited to play. I haven't played many mmos recently as modern ones feel so lifeless anymore and I can't deal with quest hubs anymore.

My eq knowledge isn't great. I played the game when I was a kid starting in 2000 playing paladin. I always had money problems and only got into raiding after luclin came out. I can only remember certain zones like the Freeport area.

Should I wait for green to come out or just play on blue? Also having trouble deciding a class/race. I certainly don't want pally again. I usually gravitate towards healers and love to help people with buffs and such. However, I will likely play somewhat casually and also maybe at weird hours. I might need to be able to solo and I never played a class that was able to solo at all.

Just looking for any tips or possibly even friends who would like to group up. I will probably play 3 days a week or so, but I won't want to be pressured to level fast.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

wait for green
check out the https://wiki.project1999.com
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

No problem with playing on blue. Use the wiki and print out any maps you will need. Use blue to get you used to everything again. It is what I am doing.

Make sure you train sense heading and have a hotkey for /loc if you get lost and are about to die, so you can find corpse later.

Something very magical about classic EQ .
Old 10-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

You sound like the player I want to be in this game and I think you should come to Green
Old 10-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Druid sounds up your alley or shaman. Cleric can solo decently against undead. Cleric and shaman have faster group pickup than druid but solo less effectively.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Play a druid on Green. You can heal, buff, and solo.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Druid on green

Maybe practice on blue and get comfortable with game again, but roll green hard.

There is no question that this is the class for you. Fun times ahead.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:34 PM
Skeleton

Yeah I was leaning towards druid, just worried their heals won't be good enough and if the poll is at all accurate then they will be the most populated class.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I was leaning towards druid, just worried their heals won't be good enough and if the poll is at all accurate then they will be the most populated class.
Nothing wrong with plentiful druids, it makes it easier for the rest of us to get around. As far as cleric vs druid healing - cleric will always be a little ahead of you but the big difference is complete heal, which they don't get until 39. By that time you will be more than able to solo if needed. With druid DS and regen you're still helpful in a group and should be able to keep up, but you can solo in more places more efficiently than clerics can.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider Shaman:

+ very desirable in groups
+ solo powerhouse
+ fast travel

- group play repetitive
- gear dependent
- soloing ability develops late

Like all healers/buffers, in group you will sit most of the time, although casting your slow will give you some periodic action. You need good gear to solo well cause you will need your AC/HP and mana pool. Also, soloing is very tough without your pet. Still, at higher levels you can own anything. Also, dog is best pet in game because it's a dog.
Closed Thread