Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also one last nugget: Most players in Freedom would currently be app'd to, or a full member (or an officer) of Riot right now if they didn't decide to outright deny Detoxx's application to the guild. Something.. Detoxx would have never done himself. When Tempest died, Kelzaraz was free to app to aftermath. And after years of hate messages between the two of them, I vividly remember Detoxx telling people to give him a chance in our guild before judging him for his past.

The guy has been raiding on this server for like, over half a decade at this point. I mean shit, I was 20 years old the first time i played p99. I'm now 30. To say that there has been personal growth in those 10 years is an understatement.

I can't recall one time that Aftermath outright denied an application of a player. You guys assumed you knew the type of person that he was and told him you can't sit with us. If you let him in, you would have learned differently. And, if you let him in, Riot wouldn't have any of the issues it's having now. You wouldn't care about racing, because you would still have Furoar. You wouldn't care about whats going to happen in ToV, because there really wasn't a second entity fighting for Vulaks.

cray
I'd probably call that a mercy. Rather than app for a month to a guild he has zero chance of getting voted in to... Riot leadership just fast tracked the process.

Seriously. Zero chance enough people would have voted him in.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

You got like a 1k+ man roster a ton of them probably don't know jack shit about Detoxx good or bad.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd probably call that a mercy. Rather than app for a month to a guild he has zero chance of getting voted in to... Riot leadership just fast tracked the process.

I woulda definitely voted yes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-27-2020, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's his point. You've all written detoxx off bc he stole your pixels and had issues with your people in the past. The difference between detoxx and the rest of you is that detoxx would still give any of you a shot bc he realizes at the end of the day that you're all just his competition in a video game. Detoxx is a decent guy irl and an enjoyable person to fight imaginary dragons with. Some of you are holding some very long grudges and history proves it hasn't been detoxx. Even getsome spent some time playing with detoxx and I'm sure half of riot still thinks that halfling shits gold.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's his point. You've all written detoxx off bc he stole your pixels and had issues with your people in the past. The difference between detoxx and the rest of you is that detoxx would still give any of you a shot bc he realizes at the end of the day that you're all just his competition in a video game. Detoxx is a decent guy irl and an enjoyable person to fight imaginary dragons with. Some of you are holding some very long grudges and history proves it hasn't been detoxx. Even getsome spent some time playing with detoxx and I'm sure half of riot still thinks that halfling shits gold.
People have been voted in with some unsavory behavior in the past... after they show some kind of reform. There are definitely examples of Riot "giving people a shot". There are also plenty of examples of Riot getting burnt by some of those people.

But, convincing XX number of people that one of the most toxic players on this server... in the UN channel, /ooc, forums, etc.. is all the sudden a saint is unlikely. There are just too many screenshot, logs, videos that would make people go :naw:

I'm all for giving people a chance, but for some you just need to face reality and say, "thanks, but no thanks".
Old 08-27-2020, 11:01 AM
Banned

I was denied an application to riot - didn’t even get to the process either lol, I’m hardly a saint but wouldn’t consider myself Toxic or even a troublemaker for that matter. Was like a few days before freedom was formed, Kinda was bummed about It until Freedom popped up and now there’s another solid raiding guild! Riot however kept me waiting for almost a month before even telling me I wasn’t even allowed to App! And this was with numerous sponsors! So it’s definitely safe to say they don’t give everyone a shot.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Detoxx gave lot of us a home that were his competition in rampage/rustle. He didn't care that we use to play against him. I'll always appreciate that from him. He is actually really nice guy outside raid scene .
Old 08-27-2020, 11:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is actually really nice guy outside raid scene .
I'm sure outside EQ he's a normal, functioning adult with friends and family and good times. Most people are, unless they don't got warder loot.

It's all the stuff in the raid scene...
Old 08-27-2020, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Less QQ more Pew Pew
Old 08-27-2020, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm sure outside EQ he's a normal, functioning adult with friends and family and good times. Most people are, unless they don't got warder loot.

It's all the stuff in the raid scene...
I’m sorry he hurt your feels.
Closed Thread