Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do You Support Development of a Raid Roation for the Blue Server?
Yes, I support the general idea of rotating at least some content. 74 51.75%
AG Member in Support 19 13.29%
Freedom Member in Support 6 4.20%
Riot Member in Support 4 2.80%
No, I Oppose Any Raid Rotation System 28 19.58%
AG Member Opposed 2 1.40%
Freedom Member Opposed 2 1.40%
Riot Member Opposed 8 5.59%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This this this. Rotations fix everything. Even gets rid of the toxic fucks that would leave if they had to share.
It doesn't fix anything for people who believe the only challenge this server provides in the raid scene is the Guild vs Guild aspect. There is nothing difficult about getting a bunch of people together and clearing ToV unfettered. Many people invested in the raid scene appreciate the competitive nature of it. A pure rotation also devalues loot, in my opinion.

Some sort of rotation on certain is good. Tunare, Ringwar come to mind. A limited rotation of sorts elsewhere would be fine, but it'd be great to keep some sort of guild vs guild raiding available.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Argument for rotation - fixes everything

Argument against - "I like pretending p99 is Need 4 Speed"
I prefer Crazy Taxi arcade game simulator, feels more accurate when you train everything just to get your pixels.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Looks like the people voting in the polls are people not in the raid scene that want free loot
Old 10-21-2020, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

There is no toxicity about rotations

a guild can kill a mob, it enters its rotation, period.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Voted no. Raid suspending the top guilds every so often does enough to placate the casuals.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Tuna, RW and ST rotations I can get behind. Everything else no rotations and a fte lock out that's reasonable and not egregious.

There will be a lot of guilds who aren't in ToV regularly competing that will want a free rotated spot. Can't blame them. But I can't support that. There has to be some hill to climb to reap some rewards
Old 10-21-2020, 04:25 PM
Aviak

the problem i see with rotations is who gets to decide if a guild gets a spot or not?

Does freedom automatically get a spot?

If they do then what are the requirements to get a spot?

When new guilds of elite type players form do they get a spot too?

when do newbie guilds get a spot? how do they know if they can or can't do something if they never go to try?
Old 10-21-2020, 07:17 PM
Orc

If the assholes of Rallos Zek can make a rotation back in the day, Blue can make a rotation.

How about something like Rallos had back in the day - you get 24 hours to kill your mob and if you don't it goes to FTE. This helps the small guilds who can't field a force during the day when we are at work, or at 2am when we are asleep, but can field a force on a regular night in prime time. Smaller guilds like DB won't be asking for NTOV chances, but we'd love a rotation for Vindi, WTOV, Sev, Trak, and other things that we can actually kill.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:14 PM
Skeleton

A rotation would help the situation for sure, but I'd prefer to see the IP accounts of the people causing the most drama to be perma banned. There have been so many people who shock me at their elitism and entitlement (Timorous Deep Thanksgiving raptor quadder, I'm looking at you). I am dismayed to find out that the reason an important petition of mine has been queued for weeks is because of these elitist guilds demanding the GMs' attention over 4th grader shenanigans. Make your own server if you want to exclude everyone else from the actual fun content of the game.

Also this kind of attitude is unacceptable. It does nothing to stop the monopolies. People in other guilds can't make progress because all the good raid gear is hogged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So to enter the rotation, you need to kill Sontalak. Only Fr/AG and riot have recently done that. So basically the solution is rotate ntov and wtov/doze between us two? That still doesn't stop the Riot petitions on other targets.
Last edited by kanis999; 10-21-2020 at 08:38 PM..
Old 10-21-2020, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

a guild can kill a mob, it enters its rotation, period.
+1 Gatekeeper mobs that are far harder than the mobs they "Hold the Gate" to is ridiculous.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread