Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Default On the question of Merging...

I, for one, hope that we DO have a merge into Blue at the end of Green's lifetime.

Not for the purposes of 3-year investment in Manastone Futures Commodities, but simply because, as a casual, it feels fun and good to think that my playtime on Green and Blue are somehow linked, that all of my "work" is ultimately going to end up in the same place.

Does that make any sense? I dunno, I really liked the idea that my hard-earned Green toons would one day end up in the character selection screen alongside my grizzled Blue vets.

Just my 2cp.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

The majority of players wont last 4 years on p99, but they should make legacy items become no drop when transferred servers.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

I hope green merges into blue and green starts fresh. Even more classic.
No special changes for the merge.

10 years on p99, I'll be here in 5 more when the merge happens. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely merge to blue and start a new green.

Yes, people who already own legacy items on Blue will see their value decreased, and some of them will certainly oppose the merge.

But the same people will have an opportunity to acquire more/other legacy items on Green and bring them back to Blue upon merge, so look at the glass half full.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Yes, I'd totally be down for making legacy items no drop or lore. Frankly, I don't think it really matters -- the only people who are upset about the "influx" of legacy items 3 years from now are the mega neckbeard EC Fat Cats who have the few manastones on Blue and are already sitting on hoards of plat.

Mostly I want to make sure that we don't end up fracturing our small community over time -- people get very attached to their toons, that's part of what makes EQ so great, and fast forward three years from now, can you imagine a situation where we have the Blue server, the current Green server, and an old Green shard as well? What about three years after that, will we have two Green shards? If we siphon off the playerbase into smaller chunks, even if only 50-100 folks play on an old shard, that's an impact that we'll feel.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Make Sleeper/warder loot trade-able.

in seriousness, merging with no special changes to blue is the best thing for the health of the community. It gives people a reason to log into blue (to play their old characters) and a reason to keep coming back for green launches.

I think making multiple new servers after green and purple would be a Bad idea. (aforementioned fracture the community)
Green dumps into Blue
Purple dumps into Red
Last edited by Baler; 10-21-2019 at 10:14 AM..
Old 10-21-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

At the very least I think manastones should be set to no drop status after the merge. Anything that can be done to discourage antisocial neckbeards from poopsocking that camp (any more than they already will) should definitely be done. The window for them dropping is already so small the competition will be insane. If you make it know that people will be unable to sell their manastones on Blue after the merge it should alleviate a good amount of the pressure on that camp.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the very least I think manastones should be set to no drop status after the merge.
There is no good reason for that. That's not even classic.
It sounds like some kind of Feelings and Emotion argument.

bad idea that wont help anything. It will not alleviate any pressure on the camp nor help you get a manastone.
Guise is no drop and that will be camped to hell and back also. So your argument is INVALID

Just accept that you'll need to sit infront of your computer for 72+ hours to get a guise or manastone.
If that's a problem then you don't need either item anyways. Welcome to project 1999 classic everquest.

Set realistic goals for yourself.
Last edited by Baler; 10-21-2019 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: People will say anything to get an edge on others.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's agree on a new unit of time. A "manacamp" or "MC" is three days. e.g. "My Mountain Dew supply is good for three MCs!"
Old 10-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no good reason for that. That's not even classic.
It sounds like some kind of Feelings and Emotion argument.

bad idea that wont help anything. It will not alleviate any pressure on the camp nor help you get a manastone.
Guise is no drop and that will be camped to hell and back also. So your argument is INVALID

Just accept that you'll need to sit infront of your computer for 72+ hours to get a guise or manastone.
If that's a problem then you don't need either item anyways. Welcome to project 1999 classic everquest.

Supply and demand has nothing to do with feelings and emotions. Fact is there are a small number of no-lifers who intend to roll on Green for no other purpose than to acquire as many manastones as possible. That's it. That's their entire goal. By simply removing the incentive of this small but extremely dedicated neckbeard contingent to poopsock the camp you reduce the demand for manastones. This makes the camp less of a shitshow, which it will certainly be even with the List. The result will be closer to a classic feel.

I don't see why anyone would object to this unless they planned to no-life the camp and attempt to hoard manastones. I can also see now why people are so staunchly defending their use of GINA, since audio cues will be basically required to afk camp the manastone and remain on the list.
Closed Thread