Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

Default Cleric Solo with Manastone

Been on a very long break and was considering coming back on Blue and playing a cleric with a manastone assuming I can afford one. Would have a fungi and other standard stuff but has anyone solo’d one with a manastone? My favorite zone of all time is lower guk and was wondering how it would would go solo.

At what point does Cheal with manastone give you “unlimited” mana? How important is a Donals’s bp to this equation? Any other items I would need to have?

Thanks in advance!

Barlu
Old 02-07-2020, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Also is this fun? I’ve played most melee classes very twinked and this is one of the few classss I haven’t played and twinkng cloth casters isn’t really that fun for me.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

I've done it, it's better used as a constant mana regen and on demand mana than trying to game the system. Cleric solo is rough and when you're that strong just find a group for less effort. Constantly clicking manastone and calculating effective heals you realize the return is bad especially at low levels. At 45 you'll be able to click donal arms which is a mana free buff + heal but will not stack with later buffs (heroism line). Or you can use thurg legs for a mana free group heal with long cast time between manastone clicks.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

I've done cleric solo for a bit, it's a slog anyway you cut it, but I did not have the luxury of a manastone.

CH/mana stone combo break even at 1200 HP. At 2400HP you'll have netted 400 mana. This is enough to almost cast 2 banish undeads.

It will most likely take 3-4 banish undeads to kill mobs per kill to get you from 44 to 50.

A slightly more cash-efficient solo method pre-50 would be to play a relatively high dex race and equip a dawnfire. If you can, get a coldain ring 8/9 for a damage shield and a velious BP for reverse damage shield. Between the undead proc/damage shield/reverse damage shield/your own nukes you should have the damage to melee your way through 50 with decent armor.

10k for dawnfire, 60k for ss bp, and 90k for a ring 9 would still leave you with about 350k left in your budget for other gear compared to a manastone.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

I've tried the LGuk / MS / full hp gear thing on my cleric in his 40ies.

It works but it's still a lot slower than duoing with a decent enc or even necro.

It's also very tedious and not fun at all. My opinion only!
Old 02-07-2020, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

It's still going to suck, you're just going to have more active downtime (stoning and healing) then passive downtime (sitting on your ass meditating) and the time savings isn't really worth it. You would do better matching it with a class that has Regen and just using it as a canni on a druid or shm if you just want to lvl a Wis caster.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

I was going to say "it's actually pretty sweet," but then I remembered I only did this with the old donal's BP mechanics so that I never actually used mana on the CHs. I guess that probably drastically changed how tedious it was.

If you really want to do it solo, you can, and it'll be a few times faster than soloing a cleric normally. But you could also do the manastone-ch thing while playing with some stupidly-twinked melee or a decent chanter/necro/mage too, benefitting from the strength of those duos while STILL having 3+ times the mana regen a cleric normally would to allow you less downtime in general and also fast kills by contributing more nukes than you ever could in a duo like that normally, etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 02-07-2020 at 10:59 AM..
Old 02-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Itll be fun for a week
Old 02-07-2020, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It works but it's still a lot slower than duoing with a decent enc or even necro.

To be perfectly honest, for undead killing you can't beat a necro.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This was exactly my experience. Too much effort for reward.