Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinking it launches March 26, 2019. Exactly 20 years after EQ live launched, then it can follow the timeline exactly except +20 years.

Do they want Chardok 2.0 done before then? Probably, but even if they can't, they'd still have plenty of time to get it up before it was due on a Green server and it isn't quite the massive project that Kunark or Velious is.
That's an awesome idea honestly.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Orc

Quote:
Adding some new server before the classic code is done and Green is ready is asking them to waste hundreds of hours of their time just to give you what you want.
I don't really understand what you mean by this bit here. Didn't they start with development of classic before moving to kunark? Shouldn't that bit already be done?

I'm also not sure I quite agree with you saying it would take hundreds of man hours of support and development to prepare an additional server. This isn't quite a "from the ground up deployment" as they have already done that.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:17 AM
Large Rat

what will happen to the blue server when green launches?
Old 12-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what will happen to the blue server when green launches?
Some staff have said in the past they aren't fans of deleting characters or wiping servers. So with that in mind, at least it looks like we may get to keep our mudflated economy server. But the truth is, no one really knows.

My guess is that blue will be used for custom content after a green release.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:54 PM
Orc

Wow how time does fly. Thanks Dillusional for the correction it has been THREE and a half years since Velious launch. I also want to apologize to Loramin and Daallee if I am running over old ground asking about a new server. If there have been numerous posts asking questions about a green server I have not been able to find them. But that probably has more to do with my love/hate relationship with technology and my early alzheimers. Considering the number of visitors to this thread there must be others out there with the same questions

Thank you Loramin for your responses. Yes you are a saint and we have erected a new statue in the Temple of Fireona Vie dedicated to you. There will be daily boat pilgrimages starting at $39.95.

I started this thread to hopefully get updates about a new server. Even asked my daughter who plays and she had not heard anything in 2 1/2 years. Once all the patches and fixes are in on Blue I would love to play a Green Pre Kunark Server. I am patient and can wait. Just hope I live that long(my RL lvl is already well beyond 60).

I agree that fixing bugs first is a priority and that a "Classic" p99 Green would be a disaster without the fixes. I still remember playing on dial up with daily Charter Cable crashes and bugs that made characters millionaires over night. Still I recently rolled a character on Blue and strictly played him in Pre Kunark Zones, with Pre Kunark weapons, armor, and spells. It was a LOT of fun. I got comments from other players which ranged from "that's so cool", to "wow you really have patience", to "why are you torturing yourself". Played him to 45 so far and have banked all the Kunark/Velious armor and weapons handed to me.

For all of you who have posted positively on this thread...thank you. For those of you who post negatively... please feel free to not play on Green when it rolls out.

Last of all thanks to all the faithful volunteers and Devs out there, I really appreciate all you have done and continue to do. I support you($) and urge others to support with donations($) as well.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Kobold

I feel like the same problems with starting a new server now apply to the idea of starting "Green" once Chardok 2.0 and the smaller following patches are completed. The few GM's and guides have too much to do as it is, and presumably deal with enough player dispute bullshit as it is. I'm sure that much of the traffic to Green would be formerly-Blue players, so there may be less petitions on Blue when it happens, but oh man I would not want to deal with the bullshit surrounding camps for pre-nerf items and people trying to get server first kills and all of that.

They would need more staff, and unfortunately I think anyone saying "Oh I didn't want to work on p99 on blue but I SURE DO NOW" would look very suspect and require lots of oversight. A reliable, trustworthy, unbiased, dedicated worker with no expectation of pay? On a new server where people will psychotically compete for rare or time-limited pixels, many of which want to sell on the untouched and not-inflated market? The current GM's would be dealing with just as many complaints about new GM corruption as they would about camps, trains and exploits.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

there would need to be two servers.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current GM's would be dealing with just as many complaints about new GM corruption as they would about camps, trains and exploits.
I disagree: there won't be "just as many" complaints, there will be far, far more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As far as we know "Green" will include all of the items like mana orbs and guises that will make players act batshit insane, and even if it doesn't I'd still expect some of the players who are overly excited about the new server to act worse than they do normally on Blue.

But even so I'm not worried about this personally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would need more staff, and unfortunately I think anyone saying "Oh I didn't want to work on p99 on blue but I SURE DO NOW" would look very suspect and require lots of oversight. A reliable, trustworthy, unbiased, dedicated worker with no expectation of pay? On a new server where people will psychotically compete for rare or time-limited pixels, many of which want to sell on the untouched and not-inflated market?
Despite a few memorable failures over the course of a decade (which were all but unavoidable for a team of 100% unpaid volunteers) Rogean has demonstrated that he can recruit quality people well enough to "keep the lights on" and make the project a success. I have little doubt he'll continue to do so, and recruit more staff if necessary for Green.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Daybreak is introducing two new Progression servers to come out sometime this year. Go over there. It aint gonna happen here for some time. One of the latest dev posts I saw regarding this subject explained that they are nowhere near close to setting up Green Server, which is to say, the next and probably only next server to be released by the P99 team.

Also there are atleast two private servers that have opened up recently that are pre kunark and have a relative and relevant population. Also daybreak as I mentioned earlier is something you can attempt to be patient for. If you don't like these choices, then you're out of luck.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've said it once, and I'll say it again. There cannot possibly be a single member of P1999's volunteer GM / Guide staff that would be willing to play referee under those circumstances. Like, ever. Ever Ever. People might not like it, or they might absolutely hate the idea, but non classic changes to loot location (perhaps even rotating out to random zones to mobs of similar level) might happen. Or, players could just buckle up and demand non classic changes in exchange for hair trigger account bans for being involved in anything slightly annoying. Or maybe, just maybe, groups of players could resolve not to do 24 hour, 7 days a week character rotation of a prime camp like manastone or Najena's Jboots or Guise to maintain an early monopoly and... Nah, who am I kidding?
Tell us more about your Utopian society that exterminates the "unclean"...
Closed Thread