Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 06:28 AM
Aviak

Default Monk or Enchanter...

So... I am torn on what class to play... I know and love Enchanters but it seems like there are gonna be a gazillion of them. However Monks it seems like everyone is waiting until Kunurk to Min/Max. Some people focus way too much on min/maxing. I have never really played a monk past level 10 or so but I am interested in trying. Tough Decisions I want a class I will like but not be one in a sea of 20000 of that said class.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:31 AM
Kobold

There are going to be plenty of monks. Play what you enjoy and don't base it off of what other people are doing. Games are about having fun, 20 year old re-releases even moreso.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:45 AM
Aviak

Ill keep an open mind. Part of the thing is I want to play a class I never played before, or maybe never played much of. The classes I probably played the most were Enchanter and Druid. However Enchanters are fun as hell...
Old 10-22-2019, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

I can understand you, i've got the same problem at the moment.

Want to play something else, wich i tried out and is a lot of fun, but still sticking on my main class i have always played and i do love so much.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-22-2019, 06:55 AM
Planar Protector

You say you know and love enchanters and the they're a ton of fun, vs. you want to try something new and monk might be "interesting."

That'd be a no brainer for me.

I wouldn't try something I don't know for the launch of a new server. I wouldn't worry about change numbers being too high (they've been a top 2-3 class on blue for years and years and it didn't bother you there, right?). Besides, change is a good class to make yourself stand out from the crowd with!
Old 10-22-2019, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

There are going to be thousands of people on the server and there are only 14 classes to pick from, you are not going to be unique playing any class.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are going to be thousands of people on the server and there are only 14 classes to pick from, you are not going to be unique playing any class.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

That's a fucking awful straw man. Lol.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You say you know and love enchanters and the they're a ton of fun, vs. you want to try something new and monk might be "interesting."

That'd be a no brainer for me.

I wouldn't try something I don't know for the launch of a new server. I wouldn't worry about change numbers being too high (they've been a top 2-3 class on blue for years and years and it didn't bother you there, right?). Besides, change is a good class to make yourself stand out from the crowd with!
On blue I never had a character above level 10 I played a 44 Enchanter on line in the mid 2000's.

I do see your point and I do have a GREAT name reserved....

"Masque Brainfreeze"

My old 2000 era name.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samadhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On blue I never had a character above level 10 I played a 44 Enchanter on line in the mid 2000's.

I do see your point and I do have a GREAT name reserved....

"Masque Brainfreeze"

My old 2000 era name.
As in 2003+?

You should probably check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide and see how it sounds to you.

Enchanters on p99 play a fair bit differently on p99 than they did in 1999-2001 because of how player knowledge is different today than it was back then. I'm pretty unsure what enchanters and groups were like specifically if you played later than that.

In general they're the CC masters you'd expect via mezzes, stuns, roots, and more, while also doling out great buffs and contributing to DPS with charms. On p99 charm is a lot more emphasized than it was on live, in my memory of kunark-ish era when I played on live and my considerable experiences as a chanter on p99. There's also quite an emphasis in general of solo, duo, and trio groups involving enchanters on the blue server because strong players in those situations on the blue server tend to be able to handle bigger fights and harder camps than whole groups used to back in classic era. That may change on green because of some mechanic, ui, and population/content differences, but it may not.

Just food for thought.
Closed Thread